Memorial Day

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Dalewick, May 25, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The name kind of says it all. It is quite different for those of us that have served compared to those that haven't. This year it's different for most. No big BBQ's, Picnics or sporting events.

For me. Not much difference. I remember brothers that are not here to celebrate as I have for years.

Have a good Memorial Day friends!

RIP Brothers.

14212136_10210740251205091_4629589722896336749_n.jpg

10424255_799815790073071_5311134884093582136_n.jpg

Dale

Overwatch and Skywalker like this.
  2. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    We are not celebrating. To me it’s a ‘holiday‘ of reverence and remembrance of the sacrifices of our Armed Forces members, past, present and future.

Dalewick likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Man, you stand where throughout human history countless others have stood.

Those who have passed-on are with their Creator and most are at peace. This isn't just some religious theory/superstition. It is being shown during this medical-miracle age that at death we abandon our physical bodies and continue on.

Things have been revealed to me.

They are there. We are here. Not good. Just how it is.

It's OK to mourn their loss to us. Yet, we can't let all the hell we must go through to stop our lives. We can't let the evil sh## crush what happiness is allotted, ordained for us, in our lives. On the other side, those folk want us to continue, they pray for us to continue.

I've been talked to.

Celebrate Memorial Day. BBQ. Drink beer. Toast your friends on the other side. They'll be pissed at you when you arrive to meet them and have failed in your life to celebrate those things to celebrate, meant to be celebrated. It is quite frankly our freaking duty to sometimes be happy. Imagine them still here, for on many occasions, they actually are here right beside us.

Luke chapter 23

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

-------------

Mark, from chapter 8

16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.

17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?

18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?

19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.

20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.

21 And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Dalewick likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
    2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
    3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Dalewick likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, Dale.

This Memorial Day holiday, like others, I do not celebrate within the usual import of the word; just read up on the specifics and reflect on the event.

Of the 10 of us who corresponded thoughout the years after, I am the only one left on the planet.

Survivor, Tet Offensive

Dalewick likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      Out of the 6 of us on my team, only 2 of us survived the service. My team mate died 2 years ago I found out. 2 of my friends died on patrol and 2 committed suicide. I never got to know the new guys. Didn't want to. Still deal with survivors guilt. Should have died that day. I don't know why I didn't.

Dalewick, May 26, 2020
      Blitz likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

For someone who's not religious and an agnostic as I define the word, am loaded with material I assign much value to.

Can't read the faded cite numbers, but on an old library card:

"The basket carriers were burdened doing work with one hand while the other held a weapon"
    NEHEMIAH

Dalewick likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This day every year I think of the thousands that have served to allow us to be free and safe from attack.

I remember my father who left home at fifteen to work in an aircraft factory until he was 16 and could enlist. I remember his brother who went to Canada and was in the war before the US was hit on December 7th. He was a piolet and returned to the US when we entered the war and was one of the first to fly over Berlin with we started bombing it. He flew a P-38 with only one gun, a 45 colt pistol on his hip, and a camera. the pictures that he took allowed the bombers to pick their targets. He flew 28 missions all before he was 21 years old. The last of that great generation is fading now and as we, their children, fade I hope that the millennials will remember the cost of their freedom.

Skywalker and Dalewick like this.
  9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "I hope that the millennials will remember the cost of their freedom."

Kind'a difficult when university professors indoctrinate youth that patriotism is a form of racism.

America's second civil war has begun. Many youthful souls have now been raped into the darkness by the anti-God crowd. The flames of hell have billowed up black clouds over Memorial Day.

It is now our burden to teach our youth how to fight. This is beyond sad. This site is being watched by many who will be on the side of the Constitution and on the side of God's Light. Information we provide may just keep them alive as God's Wrath pours out over America.

This mini-pandemic has set the stage for economic collapse and Americans are NOT prepared for their currency going worthless. This nation is NOT prepared for the huge natural disasters that are coming. Were the San Francisco quake to hit tomorrow, the Bay Area would panic -- only a tiny minority of people there would roll up their sleeves and get to work rebuilding. We witness what temporary power outages due to urban areas. There is robbing and looting now going on in cities during "good times". Western nations are a pile of busted gunpowder barrels and matches are being flicked. This situation cannot be repaired. The fulmination approaches.

We older preppers must consider that we are being observed by younger generations who just may be able to survive the hard times coming and carry on the flags of Godliness and Wisdom. This is what I hope for.

Dalewick likes this.
  10. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I think of all the men and woman that have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms from the Revolutionary war to now every Memorial Day. The playing of taps and bagpipes always has me shed a tear. Sometimes I think I should have been in the military, but didn't want my parents to receive a folded flag where I got killed in some asshole's backyard some 10,000 miles away. I was 19 then and almost joined the Navy right out of Job Corp. All my friends wanted me to go with them so we could all be in basic together. They told me things like the likelihood of a war was remote. This was one damn year before 9/11. The only "military" type shit I have under my belt is being a Sergeant first squad leader in JROTC back in high school. Still remember all the commands.

To all the gold star families and their fallen warriors, I salute you. "Present arms!" "Order arms!"

11. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Memorial Day never gets the reverence it should. IMHO it should be a day of memory for those who served; not a day of beer and BBQ, and a day off of work.

Anyone who disrespects the flag has never received a folded one. God Bless and a heartfelt thank you to all who have served.

Skywalker likes this.
  12. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    Agreed. We had a quiet time at home on Memorial Day. I thought of my grandfather who fought in WWI and my dad who was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Meanwhile, my dumbass hippie neighbors across the street drank beer and smoked pot.