Mental Health During The Pandemic

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Pragmatist, Jun 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    My mental health process. Detailed and precise reloading procedure. Detailed attention to every round. Exacting powder charge. Careful seating of every primer. And measurement of the OAL (Over All Length) of every round. Very relaxing. Mental health is just fine.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The more drunk you two are, the younger you look to each other.

a3f055719d0858be3cd3451a39436d9c.jpeg

upload_2020-6-15_1-24-56.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    cannot access the link as its not available here for legal reason.
    so going by the thread title, the only people that will have mental problems during the lockdown are Sheeple who are used to herding as one of our members would say.
    recluses and loners will have no problem, in fact we relish the peace and quiet.
    if Sheeple cannot cope for a mere 12 weeks/3 months during lockdown, how will they cope when the entire system goes into collapse? answer: they wont!!
    having mental problems/panic attacks will put them at fatal risk from all manner of causes.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Not drunk but still consider Loretta Swit (Major Margaret H.L. Houlilan, RN, NC, 4077th MASH, US Army, APO San Francisco, 123456) younger and more vibrant than the airhead idiots like those mentioned by Watcherchris.

Also on my list of young and vibrant (Won't define "vibrant") is the late Ingred Bergman, a Prepper. "Oh, Rick, you've got to think for both of us,..for all of us." CASA BLANCA, 1942.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

You're right.

Learning about mental health maintenance is a form of education.

America's education "system" is as broken as is the public health "system".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    living or being on one's own for long periods is a form of education in itself, although I now have a wife I have lived for years on my own, so I think I am qualified to comment.
    if someone lives in a city and is constantly surrounded by other people then they will never learn how to live and survive alone, that wont do them any good in a post collapse society where most of the sheeple will be out for what they can get.
    I am totally convinced of two things, one is that city folk are afraid of silence and being alone as they are constantly surrounded by noise and millions of other people, secondly that for the most part, especially in the UK, most are afraid of the countryside("we cant go there, all that animal shit we might get a disease!").

8. Max rigger

Max rigger Expert Member
      135/173

Blog Posts:
    Worse thing going to happen in a panic attack is you'll pass out, ain't going to kill you (The article was the usual stuff, keep busy, seek counselling etc.).

Living on your own is OK if you choose to live on your own, if your forced to isolate you might get problems. Even people who choose isolation can go a bit loopy loo, cabin fever and all that, you might think your fine but people who meet you will see a crazy guy sort of thing.

Thankfully C19 ain't going to cause a complete breakdown in society, you need to wait for the really lethal virus to arrive for that and who's to say a prepper will survive that one LOL You could end up just as dead as the 'sheeple' especially if your an older prepper.

9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's why I stated "recluses and loners", any person who has never had to live on their own for long periods is going to have a problem, which was the whole point of my post. I'll accept what you say about panic attacks seeing as I've never had one so I'll bow to your experience.
    C19 COULD still cause a breakdown in society, it isn't over by a long way yet.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess mental health is an issue for some people, but not for me. I much prefer being alone, and see no ill effects from working at home. If anything I feel a frustration from NOT being able to come and go as I please, over which I have no control. There is no point going somewhere if the somewhere you want to go is closed due to quarantine.

I can still communicate with the people I want be it email or telephone.

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    being an "only" child growing up on my own was normal for me, as an adult I have spent much time(sometimes between marriages!) on my own, it just feels so normal to me and does not cause me any stress.
    a lot of people in the modern world do not have time on their own so are not used to such things, their lives are so hectic, they work in busy environments as part of a "team", even their off time hobbies probably involve lots of other people in large groups.
    my hobbies were always the solo kind, fishing-camping-biking- walking.
    if someone is not used to doing something then being forced to do it will cause them stress.
    in my case its hordes of other people which is why I don't get involved in such activities.
    if I do meet others its on a one to one basis.

Morgan101, Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.