Mink Farms And A Coronavirus Relation

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 7, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54842643

Good morning all,

Per ...

Would not this article's theme be applicable to other types of breeding farms such as dogs ?

Do the 3 scientists know the mechanics of HOW to ban mink production ? If the large nation of China has much work to control certain "wet market" practices, ... well, how will mink production stop ?

Scientists surely know about their field of science, less some places in the US, but they are laity when discussing matters outside their field of knowledge.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    mink were farmed widely in the UK in the 60s for the fur trade, I dont think there is much call for it these days, many of these mink "escaped" thanks to the Animal Liberation nut cases.
    if a Bat can get corona virus I'm sure a Mink can and probably many other animals as well, what about Pigs? they are the closest farmed animal to humans, in fact humans have been called Long Pig.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Lonewolf,

Agree; the "problem" started with the pig. The bat was just the vector.

My notes and discussions show the danger originated from the huge pig factory farms in Guangdong Province - the former Canton Province (some geographic adjustments) bordering on Hong Kong.

The highly contageous coronavirus that is causing the pandemic "escaped" from the national high-security research in Wubei, China's "St Louis" city on the river.

If bats and mink and the pano ... that mamal ant-eater with scales ... what creature on the list can't get infected and spread the virus ?!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    What does mink use for? I'm not even familiar with the creature name

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Originally, the mink fur was used for high-quality warm coats and related garments.

Later, the mink became a fashion item - especially for displaying wealth.

As an aside, the warmest fur for the human body is the black sable.

Because the mink fur is expensive, the US Army used fox and a couple of other animals' fur. After the Korean War, the air ambulance helicopter version of the OV-1, the big bubble helo, had the skids mounted for each side to carry 2 stretches (
    liters [forgot which, after terms became standardized]). Each side had 2large, oversized sleeping bags with the hood section lined with fox fur.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Well the critter look cute enough. If I were not living in tropical environment I will already buy one of the coat

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you dont want to come across a mink in the wild, they are vicious animals and will do great damage even kill a person.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some people decide that they want a ferret as a pet.

They all come to regret having done so -- stated or pridefully not admitted.

They destroy homes. They are genetic scavengers and will rip their environment apart searching for food. However "cute" they may be, their teeth are needles and their claws are long and sharp.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Mink are far more vicious than any ferret.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Which mink species the American mink (the one breed in Denmark for their pelt) or the European mink?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think its the American one, I'm sure that was the one bred over here in the 60s for their fur, they either escaped or were let loose when the licencing changed and went feral.

TMT Tactical likes this.