Modern Cave Dwellers

Discussion in 'Natural, Temporary, and Permanent Shelter' started by gracer, Jul 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    The story of 2 brothers and their father who found shelter in a cave after their house made of light material, was destroyed by a strong typhoon, has touched the hearts of many when they saw pictures of the family living in a cave. They have made the cave as their shelter for more than a year sharing it together with bats. So literally, they became the modern cavemen in their area. They have adopted well to living in the cave for a period of time.

Here's a link to their story for those who want to read more about the heart-touching story of the modern cave dwellers:

http://news.abs-cbn.com/lifestyle/v...-story-of-brothers-living-in-a-cave-in-camsur

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I think I had seen a part of that tv drama which was based on the real life of calamity survivors. However, I don't think I would live in a cave because I am scared of what might be in it like snakes and bats. There was on movie I saw that scorpions were in the cave and also scavenging rats that may bite me. Maybe I can stay in the cave during the daytime for a short time only. But to sleep at nightime, I would rather sleep under a tree and expose myself to other animals instead of dwelling in a cave. Besides, I have claustrophobia at times so I might not be able to sleep in a cave.

3. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Living in a cave... Sometime I think it would be amazing and interesting, other times I think it would be completely scary.
    The amazing part explain itself, I mean... a cave is awesome just by itself, a huge hole in the rock probably older than thousands of years! But then I think... what is something lives in the cave? Some innocent creatures like bats and snakes might be fine, but what if there is something scarier, like bears or wolves?