Modern hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by jonthai, Jun 18, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    How can modern hunting be aplied in case of a disaster if we don't have the modern technology?

Mekada likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    that could apply to just about anything post disaster, if the manufacturing base shuts down you are left with what you can scavenge.

Mekada likes this.
  3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    With modern hunting you mean taking out big game with modern firearms or fishing with a modern net or professional fishing rod?.

4. neoKit

neoKit New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    During a disaster, you may not have the time to acquire modern equipment needed for fishing. There is a possibility that you can be displaced making it impossible for you to obtain your tools. You may easily make a hook and use it for fishing. If possible look for a net or a transparent cloth and turn it into a fishing net. I know that you can easily make a raft to move across water.

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    How do YOU define "modern hunting"?
    Keith.

6. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Hunting is hunting as I see it, you sneak into range of whatever weapon system you have and you dispatch your prey!
    nothing modern or ancient about it

7. James98

James98 Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    I think that in any SHTF situation there will still be rifles (if they are allowed where you live now) and you will still be able to hunt with them. The biggest factor I think that will affect hunting is that because there may not be any stores to buy food from everyone will be hunting and animal populations will be hunted to extinction or close to it. Same with fishing. As of right now the government has limits as to how much hunting and fishing are allowed however when WROL occurs people will be desperate for food and there will not be this control.