Moonshine as fuel

Discussion in 'Creating and Using Electricity' started by joshposh, Jul 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    The original Model T was designed to run on alcohol and not gasoline. We can thank the Rockafellers for using the byproduct of oil refining and changing federal laws for that one.

But in a scenario where gasoline is scarce or none existent, I think we would have to resort to moonshine again to produce our own fuel. The process is fairly simply and anyone that knows how a home made distillery is made, will be able to make one at home for the sole purpose of providing fuel for gasoline engine such a s a car or generator for your home.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Jea

Jea New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Fascinating! I knew alcohol was related to fuel but I never put two and two together.

Seems easier than I thought to make. I already have a bucket on the porch, cornmeal in the kitchen. I might work on getting the other supplies and making my own moonshine this summer.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

3. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Check your local laws. It is illegal to make in most countries as big oil companies have infiltrated most countries judical system and made it impossible to make your own fuel and get off the system/grid. No you can't stick a bottle of tequilla down the hatch of a car. It has to be a pure source like that of Moonshine.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Older cars and motors run best on shine new motors dont take the heat of shine as it burns much hotter than unleaded fuel

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Shine as fuel burns hotter.than gas so newer cars and trucks can and will. Get damage from shine motor made before 76 are best for shine

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Alcohol eats a car's hoses. Vulcanized rubber, sure, eats that also.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    You would need to fit Viton seals and tubing, ethanol won't degrade it.

TMT Tactical likes this.