More Survival Movies.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Keith H., Oct 18, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Pack is about feral dogs in Australia. As usual the director makes the actors do stupid things to bring about the outcome he wants, but it is still worth watching.

The Breed is another feral dog movie set on an island somewhere in the Americas. Similar in some respects to The Pack, but not the same. Again, well worth watching.

branchd77 likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    do you have a lot of feral dogs in Australia? we may have the odd loose dog in UK cities its not really a problem. not to say it wouldn't be after SHTF! a lot would die being shut in when owners leave or when they die indoors, double glazing in most modern houses makes it almost impossible to get out. I suppose a few irresponsible owners will let their dogs loose to fend for themselves, its staffies and German Shepherds that most worry me, not the little ankle biters.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    They come & go, move around a lot. We have had trouble here several times. Once it was a large pack, other times usually just 2-3 dogs. I daresay when they disappear off the radar they are hiding out in the National Parks. Dingoes are not such a problem, except when people feed them & encourage them. They are still wild dogs. They will attack stock though.
    Keith.
    http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agric...mals/wild-dog-dingo-dog-hybrids-feral-or-wild

4. HappyJackSlade

HappyJackSlade Well-Known Member
      90/115

Blog Posts:
    We
    We do have a feral dog problem in Australia. They destroy stock at an alarming rate. Fortunately we do not have issues with Rabid animals. There is a large problem in Western Australia in the Weatbelt areas and also the top end and also the desert.
    Wild dogs are often shot on site.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are supposed to be some "wild" big cats at large in the UK, either escaped or let loose when the licencing changed, although I have never heard of anyone seeing one face to face, usually a grainy photo is produced in the media of something on the skyline a long way off which may or may not be a big cat.

Keith H. and HappyJackSlade like this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Same here. I think that if there were any truth to this we would have more info by now, but that said, there is actually a government department here specifically for investigating these sightings. There is still the possibility that big cats will be on the loose after a shtf situation from zoos.
    Keith.

Prairie Dog and HappyJackSlade like this.
  7. HappyJackSlade

90/115

Blog Posts:
    There will be do Goodes who will assume that releasing all these wild animals will be a good thing. Maybe it would be a good thing to release these large predators but I don't think so. They will hunt humans and animals regardless of whether you walk on two legs or four.

Prairie Dog and Keith H. like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most wild animals will give humans a wide berth, they hear us long before we hear them and they are long gone before we get to the location.
    the only exception in Britain is the Mink who will attack anything, a vicious animal introduced here by the fur trade centuries ago and has since escaped into the wild in large numbers.

HappyJackSlade likes this.
  9. HappyJackSlade

90/115

Blog Posts:
    No minks here. But pretty much everything is edible here.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    everything that walks is edible here too(i'm not sure about Mink though, never heard of anyone eating one), some of the sea birds can taste a bit "fishy" I am told, and all eggs are edible.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  11. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    I know ferals in the forms of pigs, dogs and such do exist as I am in farm country. Can't say I have had any issues to date. I do know that it will increase. Domesticated livestock will break free, pigs don't have any real preditors here and dogs do just fine with or without people. I think this is a topic I need to do a little more thinking about and planning for. Thanks for sparking the conversation.
    PD

Keith H. likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    sheep are the great escape artists around here.

Keith H. likes this.
  13. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    More food for us ;)
    Keith.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes agreed.