mortality.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by lonewolf, Jul 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    from reading a lot of posts both here and elsewhere, I think there is a large assumption that most people that are alive today are still going to be alive post SHTF, this is a fallacy, most of the population will be lucky to be alive a month or 6 weeks after the supermarkets are empty.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Most people have 4-6weeks food stored as fat on them!
    They maybe hungry but most will not actually be starved for quite a while!
    Deaths by starvation should not start until the second month and then only those who started skinny!
    The body stores fat for a reason, a sit down and wait for help person will loose about .3kg per day
    People depending on there height can get down to 30-40kg in weight before they can see the grim reaper coming

At this point in time I would last quite a long time 3-4 months easy!

3. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its a known fact human beings can only survive 3-4 weeks without any food, some may be able to last a bit longer depending on climate and weather but 6 weeks will probably be the absolute limit, long before they get to that stage they will be so weak they wont be walking very far, more like crawling.
    there was a project done by the British Army some years ago and after 12 days the participants were so weak they couldn't walk very far or do much, and this was fit young soldiers.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes "Fit young soldiers" men with a very low BMI you are entirely correct there but the average sheeple is not a fit young man!
    The average sheeple is soft and overweight and as you yourself said will just wait for the powers to rescue them not run around doing marathons!
    Sheeple will on average carry about 15kg of body fat on them ( ultimate survival food ) . At about 3kg a week that is 5 weeks supply before they get to those fit young soldiers start point!

I am 185cm or six one and was a muscular 90kg for most of my adult life, until cancer came a calling I would of had maybe six to eight weeks without food!
    Now with the side effects of the cancer I tip the scales at 125kg and not so muscular ( really tough losing it with the ongoing health problems ) I could in all probability loose
    45kg and be the better for it if those side effects did not kill me! and 45kg would equate to around 15 weeks with zero food!
    The medication I am currently on means my body finds it hard to consume fat so no eating means chronic fatigue type symptoms for me
    I am actually losing more weight by eating a little than eating nothing as eating nothing leaves me almost chairbound but light eating gets me out of the chair and mobile!
    I am currently losing about 2kg a week on a light diet as opposed to .5kg a week on a strict but chairbound diet!

I can now do the rifle range walk in quick time without huffing and puffing! long way to go though!

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was at a shopping centre about 20 miles away a few days ago, I was amazed at all the overweight people , what we call "lumpunts" here, not just simply overweight but grossly overweight, now without their cars I cant see many of these people even walking very far post SHTF(they cant walk far NOW) never mind doing a full day of hard manual labour, sure they might be able to live on some of that excess fat for a bit longer than most but its just delaying the inevitable.

6. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    That fat gives one a buffer food wise
    Wether they take advantage of that buffer or not is up to them, most probably wont!

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    carrying a lot of fat around is no advantage.

8. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    it is if there is no food available!

Until recently lean times was exactly that times where you got lean due to lack of food!
    In colder climates it happened every year regular as the seasons!
    That's what fat is for!

9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its only delaying the inevitable i.e Death!
    might be an advantage if its only a short term event, but if its a permanent situation its just a delaying tactic.
    I don't think i'd recommend it as a prepping thing.

10. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    No not excessive fat but lean and mean is just as bad for a survivalist!
    In my younger days I was lean and mean and bulletproof.
    Daily intake of food was very important as my performance suffered badly if a single meal was missed!

I am the reverse now but am steadily returning to middle ground! my ideal weight is around 90kg
    but I will be happy under 100kg! Always been solidly built, pretty sure an recent ancestor was a silverback:eek: as I have a very muscular frame!

11. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Without food your body uses muscle, not fat. The heart is muscle. No they won't last long mate.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i have heard that without food our stomachs will start consuming its own inner walls, not sure if that's true but that's what I heard.

13. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Burma railway WWII
    Concentration camps WWII again!
    look them up, see how long they lasted!
    That was reality not chinese whisper truths!

Even POW's in soviet Russia lasted quite a while!

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not that long, POW's on the Burma railway died in their droves, from malnutrition, disease and over work, it was known as the "death railway" for that very reason.

15. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I knew a man that survived the baton death march one of two metal of honor winners i knew rip my freind you were a hell of a man and a good friend

lonewolf likes this.