Mosquitoes And Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Sep 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is good info, Pragmatist. Thank you for sharing. Now on a lighter note; are you kidding me? Nuisance Mosquitoes? EVERY mosquito is a nuisance mosquito. I don't care if they carry disease or the U.S. mail they are a nuisance. Keep mosquitoes outside. Really? Why didn't I think of that? Apparently the mosquitoes didn't get the message. Mine go wherever they want.

Take this with a grain of salt from a mosquito magnet. If I am around everybody else is safe. I attract them like a black light. Personally, I would bring back DDT and eradicate them. I know God must have had a purpose other than to aggravate me, but I haven't found it yet. Can you tell I hate mosquitoes?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    The skeeters are bad enough, spreading diseases all around, but those fire ants that ride the water are flat-out dangerous. If you so much as bump into an antball, they will be ALL OVER YOU at once and sting you with no mercy.

Anaphylactic shock is a real thing with that many stings at once. Not to mention the excruciating pain, OMG.

Here, take a look: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en....1377.18......0....1..gws-wiz-img.MSUi5vpq8SI

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:

Here's hoping you weathered Mr. Dorian OK, and unscathed!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    That is terrifying. I can't imagine running into something like that in a canoe or small craft.

6. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    The poor CAJUN NAVY!!! They're the ones I feel most sorry for. And yet, they keep going, and going, and going...to help anyone in need.

7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan and Grizz,

I HATE mosquitoes - both for the nuisance and vector reasons.

Dishwashing soap shot onto a floating pool of fire ants dissolves the floation and drowns the ants. Of course, they have reserve forces.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  8. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    To the best of my knowledge we have been spared the plague of fire ants in our area. We do have more than our share of mosquitoes. I can't imagine the horror of taking a nice float trip down a lazy river, relaxing, letting the rest of the world go by; and then being invaded by an armada of fire ants. Good to know about the dishwashing soap, but I never carried it with me in a canoe. Maybe I should start.

TMT Tactical likes this.