Motor Cycle Gangs Attacking Drivers

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Old Geezer, Mar 10, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In San Fransisco, we read of yet another attack on a motorist by a motorcycle gang. No, these aren't the Hell's Angels type of gang. They are inner city gang-bangers on dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles stopping traffic on major highways.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-San-Francisco-biker-gang-highway-attack.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/biker-gang-beats-man-middle-busy-san-francisco-highway-n731936

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/new-york-bikers-attack/

As society collapses we will witness more and more of this. Also in major urban areas in the USA, home invasions are up. Here are stories from just one city, Indianapolis Indiana:
    https://www.google.com/#q=Indianapolis+Indiana+home+invasions&*

My response is to give up a cheer for the folding-stock shotgun. How conveniently it fits into a car or truck!

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my cheer is that I live many hundreds of miles away from a major city!:D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    jeager and Old Geezer like this.
  3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Unemployed uneducated innercity punks most of which are illegals band together and feel they can do whatever they want its funny how the places that have the strictes gun laws have the highest gun crimes & murders just saw on news of gang raids in train yard stealling guns out of boxcars its a shame what has happened here in the us and other places in the world i blame movies and tv for alot of it they teach you how to do things that some dont need to know now youtube and such on a hone makes it even easier to learn just google it IM LUCKY TO BE HERE ON MY PLACE !! BUT I DO NOT LEAVE MY HOME UNARMED EVEN HERE. BE PREPARED BE SAFE BE CAREFUL BUT DONT BE A VICTUM !!!! These days you never know

jeager likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the movies, one sees mobile gangs predating on small towns and isolated homesteads. Me, I think such are ridiculous scenarios. In the American South and in the agricultural areas of the Midwest, such attacks would result in the gang taking significant casualties in each raid -- some small towns would just wipe them out. There are too many people who will keep small communities together even during the worst scenarios -- folks who are pro-law-enforcement and/or ex-military, folks who hunt and grow big gardens, church people. The men of my family and their friends did vigilante stuff, but the sheriff's department was in on it also. If the law didn't take care of bad folk, then bad folk got "taken care of" after the sun went down. My grandfather taught me to tie a hangman's noose before I was grammar school age (he was born in the 1890s)

In rural areas, the farmers / landowners will band together. When there is NO emergency, these folk might feud, but give them some cause and poof! they'll form crews (i.e. wolf packs). Everybody out there has shotguns for hunting and slug barrels for deer hunting (where rifles are not allowed for deer hunting). In mountainous regions (my turf), a majority of men have deer rifles -- whether they use them for hunting or not. Military surplus rifles are super common; the old bolt actions are cheap as is surplus .303 Brit, 7.62 Nagant, 8mm Mauser, and 7.62 NATO ammo. Maybe I should say WERE cheap, I can't believe the prices being asked for these rifles nowadays. Glad I bought mine "back when". They're great range-blasters and would come in handy during times of emergency. These old bolts will bust an engine block 400 yards out, probably further (I'm not practiced at long-rang shooting, forests are too thick where I'm from).

Good that you have stomping grounds out in nowheresville. You can do your practice shooting, do the measurements, and memorize your Kentucky windages prior to SHTF, so that when things do go wrong anyone attempting to invade will be in deep, deep, doo-doo. Suffice it to say that this is not a theory, there's stories that are never going to be told, just sayin'. So, bad guys (to include the worst of the worst) better leave rural folk alone. They'll not be returning home for a while, a long while, a really long while. There were / are places back where I'm from that I will not be headed any time soon ... ever.

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there is a friend of mine in the north of the country who has a saying, "anyone up to no good here at night will be found here in the morning"!!

Old Geezer likes this.
  6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Game warden about the only law comes here and he is more interested in the people here in the hunting camps for the national forest the few times the law bothers me someones lost or they need me to get them unstuck from snow ice and ditch was quiet this year only twice my hound and i had to locate someone

Old Geezer likes this.
  7. OfficerOtto

OfficerOtto Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    This really doesn't apply to the homesteaders who have a family of 6+ and even the 10 year old has a .22lr. This is for the average Joe who works in a big city, something goes badly wrong, and they are trying to get home.

So how do you avoid and/or survive this type of attack as an average Joe or Jill trying to get home from their 8-5 in SHTF.

Avoid gridlock: the average person (probably not on here) only knows one way home. That way is likely the fastest route and likely highly traveled. The panicking masses will quickly clog these routes. If you become trapped in that gridlock, you will be a sitting duck. Know at least 3 backup routes home, with at least two that have no major roads.

Keep your windows cracked when not under attack: you would be surprised how much you can hear just by cracking the windows. That's why, even in the worst climates, good cops always have at least their front windows cracked. If you do find yourself surrounded by angry bikers, roll the windows up. Windows are remarkably strong when rolled up--any YouTube video of police officers trying to break windows with their ASP batons are proof of this.

If you are driving, just drive: don't waste your time shooting if you are driving. You won't hit anything, you will lose a good portion of your situational awareness (guns are loud in confined spaces), and you won't likely won't be able to out-maneuver the bikes.

Use what advantages you have: if your assailants are riding dirt bikes, you will probably be able to outrun them. Although dirt bikes are very maneuverable off road, they typically have smaller engines that are geared for torque rather than horsepower. If your opponent's are on street bikes or cruiser bikes, you will want to take your escape route off-road. On a main road you won't lose one of these bikes, but they will quickly wreck on gravel, dirt or grass. Even a small passenger sedan does far better off road than a Harley. One shortcut through a field or dirt road can ditch a whole pack of these types of bikes.

If you must shoot, stop and get out: your engine block is a lot better cover than any motorcycle. Your vehicle provides both cover and concealment and most motorcycles do not. Pick your targets, engage them decisively with accurate, well placed shots and then leave the area ASAP.

Critiques or follow up comments?

jeager likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Gangs are predating outside of there normal inner city environs. Thus, discussion of small towns / rural areas comes up.

When trapped in a car @ zero miles/hr, one needs at least a handgun. Better is a short shotgun or rifle. Folding stock shotguns everyone knows about. One can also buy a "pistol", which is to say a rifle with its barrel and stock chopped off. The firearm manufacturer, Henry, is currently building these. They're being called a "mare's leg".

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/mares-leg/

You can get this lever in .357, .44, and .45 Long Colt. Someone is on your car roof, shoot through the roof. Someone is on your truck's hood, shoot through the windshield. The .45 auto w/FMJ ammo has been known to ricochet off of windshields when cops were shooting into a vehicle trying to ram them. The mare's-leg has a saddle ring so that you can keep it from falling out of your car; use a long lanyard.

The .22 mag will penetrate car-body metals and windshields. Here's a speed-loader for .22 mag. tube-fed rifles:
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/spee-d-loader?a=285127

When shooting from a vehicle, one can use a laser sight when the use of regular sights just isn't going to happen. When using powerful lasers, you must have special goggles or you'll blind your own self. Roll window down so laser w/n bounce around inside car's interior (and it will).

9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "possum food"

10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This is going to sound a bit Mad Max-ish, but when things get crazy, it would be good to place steel plates/panels inside the interior of your truck. Same around the radiator & engine, leaving a source of cooling air to scoop up and through the radiator. Note also that one can purchase "run-flat" tires to get you out of an attack area. One of my sons can weld a bit, MIG & TIG, nothing fancy, but who cares. Which reminds me, I need to get us a serious generator, another son has ours right now. Poop, that's gonna cost.

Maybe we need to put everything on credit. The banks are going to fall flat, so who's gonna collect?! There will be no real currency to pay the cops, either.

jeager likes this.
  11. OfficerOtto

80/115

Blog Posts:
    I'm just not seeing cases of these gangs wandering outside of the city. It's not really a county problem, because people in the county are much harder to target.

I have personally shot through car windshields in training, both from inside the car and outside the car. .40 cal and .45 go right through with comparatively little (though definitely noticable) deflection. The .223 round, you may or may not even hit a target when shooting through the front glass if the target is seated in the car due to several deflection. Headshots deflected down and hit low on the chest or no hit at all on our targets. I can't imagine a .22 would perform better. Side glass, maybe, but definitely not the front (or back in a car).

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not a country problem in the UK either.

13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Home invasions Indianapolis Indiana
    https://www.google.com/#q=home+invasions+indianapolis+&*

Statistics
    http://www.lockjawsecurity.com/pdf/LockBumpingFactSheet.pdf

Small towns receiving gang metastases
    https://www.policeone.com/gangs/articles/5815982-Gang-crime-increasing-in-small-cities-too/

Gangs attacking rural areas
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...to-target-crime-gangs-in-rural-area-1.2363957
    http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_38b6f9aa-b742-11e4-8db3-af74fa7a9a6e.html
    https://sm.asisonline.org/ASIS SM Documents/NIJ_RuralGangs0904.pdf

Firearms vs. cars
    http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/articles/2003/04/lead-vs-steel.aspx

Rifles vs. Buick

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-buick-o-truth-4-rifles-and-car-doors/

And the winner is ............................ ta da!, the 7.62 x 54R, Russian! A fellow once showed me a half-foot long section of railroad track. There was a hole through the vertical section of the track and this was the result of a 7.62x54R round. The ammo doesn't have to be armor-piercing, I've got some Soviet era Eastern-Block ammo that is steel jacketed and it will go through whatever ... except big rocks. The recoil is brutal with a steel buttplate on lighter rifles (Polish M44 carbine, I sporterized the stock and polished the chamber to stop cases from sticking, freed the bolt from jamming); I've owned a few, liking the heavier Finnish rifles the most (lower recoil and 2" groups at 100 yrds).

14. OfficerOtto

80/115

Blog Posts:
    The "small town" gang article specifically states that the scientific community doesn't buy the theory. There just isn't any evidence this is a trend. Generally speaking, gangs want to control territory for selling drugs, guns, etc. and you can't do that in the middle of nowhere. The gangs that are moving into rural areas, at least in the US, are the cartels. They discovered years ago that if you don't conduct drive-by shootings and break into random homes, the cops have less evidence to use to mess with them.

Lock bumping is essentially fiction these days; the city I work in has 25,000 people in it and in that time we've had exactly one set of criminals use lock-picking to get into a residence. I've never met an officer who is aware of this occurring. Its much easier just to kick the door in.

Your articles regarding rural gangs are using different terminology. In the US, a "home invasion" means subjects entered the home using a firearm and kidnapped/robbed the residents. All three of those articles are referring to daytime breaking and enterings as home invasions, which is not accurate. Those breaking and enterings, according to the article, are occurring usually during the day time when people are not home. I'd be interested to read up more on the reports.

The 2003 article from PoliceMag, well...lets just say ballistics have come a long way since then. I'd like to see Force Science Institute or the FBI recreate their results with modern vehicles and ammunition.

I have a rifle chambered in 7.62x54R. It is totally incompatible with use in a vehicle, although I'm sure it would be good with stopping another vehicle.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think we have more trouble in the UK with street gangs than motorcycle gangs, and they tend to keep to their own "turf" and don't have any reason or want to go into the countryside.

OfficerOtto likes this.
  16. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I retired (disabled) as Lt. Commander of a 51 man department policing a city of about 50,000 permanent
    residents and a day time population of 150,000 +.
    The "day time" takes into account people coming from outside the city to work, shop, appointments,
    etc.
    We had two large shopping malls that drew lots of people from outside the city limits.
    We were always understaffed. New Officers would gain experience in our city that ranked
    49th in population and in the top 10 for violent crime. Other departments with openings
    would grab up our newer officers quickly due to their experience with violent crime.
    Our city is in Ripply's Believe It or Not as being the only town with a main street named
    Main Street that dead ends on both ends.
    At one time we hosted 26 bars in about 8 blocks on Main street.
    Lots of fights on Friday and Saturday night.
    We had the ethnic "club" called the Brothers of the Hammer, a black only m.c. club.
    It was a club and zero issues at all.
    We had a Pagans chapter. The Pagan members are one percenters.
    They make money from prostitution, dealing narcotics, burglary, and all crimes in between
    Nasty, nasty, bunch.
    Even the Pagans would not bother a cop doing his job.
    The Pagans would certainly "bother" other gangs in turf wars however and if an innocent got
    in the way that's collateral damage.
    That said the Pagan's are SCUM and in a post SHTF should be SHOT ON SIGHT!
    Make no bones about it. Shoot 'em; all of 'em.
    Even the Hell's Angles have zero dealings with the Pagans.

http://outlawbikergangs.blogspot.com/2010/04/pagans-mc-biker-gang.html

OfficerOtto likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no really an issue over here, HA over here tend to fight each other not the general public, we have more trouble with street gangs and they all seem to be teenagers and minors, not a problem out here in the countryside.

18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Apparently these hoodlums on bikes out California way and in New York are not anything like our concept of biker gangs. For starters, they mainly are riding off-road bikes. They seem to engage in ridiculous / dangerous stuff like pulling bike stunts in the middle of traffic; then if regular drivers get angry due to the stopping of traffic, the bikers drag them out of their cars (after bashing out their windows) and beat them. These crews act as if they are nut-cases. There's no shortage of self-destructiveness about them. Very, very odd stuff. I can't categorize them at all.

Sorry about the long commercial that comes before this video about an example incident in San Fransisco:
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Roughly-a-Dozen-Dirt-Bike-Riders-415788013.html

New York:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mmed-trying-block-road-motorcycle-tricks.html

19. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Crime is on the rise here if the news reports are anything to go by. Shops raided in daylight by gangs, home invasions, car jacking, women raped & murdered, people attacked on the streets, vehicle killings in city areas. Despite this our government not only makes it illegal to carry anything for use in self defence, but now it is illegal to use a firearm for protection in home invasions! Also we now have a National Firearms Agreement in which the government intends to apply even more gun control which could mean the confiscation of more guns.
    I don't like where this is going!
    Keith.

20. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Crime as a percentage of population is actually on the drop in Australia but overall cases increase due to population increase!
    Some areas though as in Melbourne have suffered a rise in crime due to large ethnic as in black African youth gangs!
    These gangs are responsible for a large portion of the crimes!
    One ex gang member has boasted of committing at least five offences per day for several years!

So outside of the big cities one is safer this decade than the last!
    Though trouble can still easily be found if one looks for it! and most who find trouble find it themselves!

21. OfficerOtto

80/115

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for your service sir! Good information to know on the Pagans in particular. They are close to my area.

Interestingly enough the Hell's Angels presence in the area has been declining and they are relying on their less well-known support clubs to provide muscle, protection, enforcement, etc. That's something to consider as well. Know the OMGs in your area and their support clubs.

22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When all of the fiat currencies of the world collapse -- and they are going to collapse -- governments will no longer be able to enforce their laws. Only with looted goods will the police and military perchance be paid. The latter cannot be maintained without chaos intervening like an aggressive cancer. The only good thing during the SHTF years will be watching the control freaks, the college professors, socialists, and other parasitic people have their world cave in on top of them. The wailing and gnashing of teeth will be music to my ears. Today, the centralized government people talk down to us, but in that day, we will sell to them at top prices our rotten leftovers. I'll watch the feral dogs shred these useless people and only then will I shoot the sated feral dogs. "Good doggy! Good doggy!" BAMMMM

Recipes from
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Dog
    • Anjing Panggang — Indonesian/Malaysian-style Grilled Dog in Spicy Marinade
    • B1, a popular Indonesian dog-meat dish also known as RW, rica-rica, rintek wuuk, rica-rica waung and guk-guk
    • Bosintang or "woof woof soup" (also known as gaejang-guk— with vegetables such as green onions, dropwort and perilla leaves with spices such as perilla seed powder, soybean paste fermented with dried rice plants and brine (doenjang), red chilli, rice and fermented soybean powder paste (gochujang). Variations of the dish contain chicken and bamboo shoots.[6]
    • Gaegogi Jeongol — A Korean recipe for an elaborate dog stew made in a large casserole (Jeongol) pan.
    • Gae Suyuk — Boiled dog meat Korean-style
    • Gaesoju — Korean mixed drink containing dog meat, ginger, chestnut, and jujube

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    when TSHTF, note WHEN not if, anyone who hasn't made a plan in advance will be deep in the doggie doo-doo, reacting after the event will just be a mass of panicking people, most who wont get out of the cities in time or even think about it.

24. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

WHAT A CROCK OF EXCREMENT!

It is ya know.
    Darned shame it's TRUE!:confused::confused:
    "hasn't made a plan in advance" Gosh! Ya mean become one of them prepper critters?????

COUNT ME IN!:D

If one doesn't plan for the worse, one has not planned well enough!
    Please feel free to quote me on that.:p

I learned that in police work. We would sometimes be called to help grandma get back into bed
    after she fell out to fighting for our lives in a riot!
    Or a domestic dispute. That means if we had to arrest the "him" for beating the chit out of the "her"
    the "her" would fight us who were trying to help her!
    If the "he" did go to jail the "she" would be bailing him out hours later.
    Go figger.
    Funny story. Well now it's funny. I arrested a little 5'1 woman who weighed maybe 100 pounds for beating
    her 6' 200 pound hubby near to death with a skillet.
    In front of me!
    I got her out to the squad car and never saw the right hook coming!
    Knocked me over the hood of the squad car!!!!:eek:
    Talk about embarrassing!:confused:
    Had to get stitches in my cut lip!
    L'il witch!:mad:
    13 major injuries, back broken 4 times, 9 months in rehab and five YEARS in therapy for p.t.s.d.
    I don't want no mo'!

Old Geezer likes this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not sure what those experiences have to do with WTSHTF?
    however, some people don't realise, even if people are stealing food from others, without new supplies coming in, that food supply is finite, no matter how you divide it up or ration it, once its gone its gone forever. that's where skills and knowledge will come in and they are things that cannot be stolen from us.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  26. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    My post was about survival of a different kind.
    That and sometimes I ramble .............................
    er' what was I going to say?????

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds more like "occupational hazard " to me!!:D

28. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

Sadly police work has rather unique occupational hazards.
    After getting busted up a few times one goes into survival mode.
    Survival mode......... why I posted my experiences here.
    I guess a few didn't get it that the heart of the post was about survival in unique circumstances.
    That's what made me a prepper.
    Police officers often witness or become part of everything that should never happen to anyone that
    happened anyway.
    It's hard to avoid outright paranoia at times.
    After some time one begins to ask one's self "what if" questions.
    Sooner or later what if is likely to happen,
    Kept me alive.
    A survival situation can, and likely will, happen literally out of the blue.
    I doubt the local news will broadcast that next week there will be a situation that will test
    peoples survival skills.
    Just sayin'.

29. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    It is a very bad activity for a motorist to be attack on a daily basis by any gang because it make the citizens of the country unable to be safe or feel safe in their own country, I can't see the reason why law cannot punish the offenders to reduce and stop more of the attacks, more forces should be mobilized to curb the insurgence.

Keith H. likes this.
  30. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here in Australia Earl the government protects criminals, more so than law abiding citizens. They also seem to be encouraging crime by giving offenders short sentences, even for murder. Incidents have happened & people killed because the police were ordered not to intervene. Massacres such as the one in Tasmania are believed to have been actually orchestrated by the government so that they could confiscate law abiding citizen's firearms. I think they encourage crime for the same reason, it keeps the people fearful & they look to the government for protection. This allows the government to implement more legislation regarding gun control & taking away more of our human rights & freedoms.

It is illegal here to purchase & carry anything that may be used for self defence, no tasers, no pepper sprays & of course no guns. This means that we & our families are left defenseless in home invasions & when we are away from home. Our government is our worst enemy.
    Keith.

31. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Australia needs a major government overhaul.

Keith H. likes this.
  32. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    You are not wrong jeager. They need sacking & a new system putting in place, one that works for the people.
    Keith.

33. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    The Australian government needs to be changed if they can't do the major aims of them being in the position which is to protect life and property of every citizens in the country, they should step up security and try reduce the risk encountered by motorists

Keith H. likes this.
  34. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    In my opinion Australia is a good place to be from.
    As far from as one can get.
    I reference the government, not the citizens.

Same for South Africa.
    I reference racial crime. Blacks killing whites by the score.
    The U.S. isn't a virgin when it comes to crime and racial discord either.

35. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The governments idea of security is to impose more control & restrictions on the public. This means the police have more powers of arrest on suspiceon, & they can enter any home without a search warrant. I want the government gone, & the people want their guns back that were confiscated. We want the right to self defence by any means available & the right to purchase items for defence.
    Keith.

36. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I was a police officer for over 2 decades and believe me I've witnessed police abuse of power.
    I wouldn't stand for it.
    I became a detective for 10 years then a Lt. Commander in charge of a shift.
    Needless to say I wasn't popular with some of the patrol officers because I wouldn't
    allow any b.s.
    Do it right or don't do it!
    So a crook won't get caught proper this time.
    They will keep on and get caught right the next time.
    Even at that I've been sued at jury FOUR times.
    Not a good thing to endure.
    I won of course but I sweat blood.
    I am so grateful I never had to shoot anyone.
    I could have on at least 3 occasions but didn't.
    Things eventually worked out o.k. anyway.
    I did suffer 13 serious injuries and was disabled and had to take a disability retirement.
    It's o.k. though. I went to school, earned 2 degrees, got a job with G.M. in management for
    about 8 years.
    Great money while it lasted.

Old Geezer and Keith H. like this.
  37. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well done jeager, first rate. I wish there were more cops like you. I would never trust any cop these days. I had a close friend who was a cop, he was also a close family friend. He was a good cop. All he had ever wanted to be was a police officer. He was a senior constable. He had to retire after surviving a police helicopter crash, spinal injury, permanent. But the police service gave him a hard time, tried to withhold his pension & force him to go back to work. He could not move as he used to, & he was in pain without medication. The police service kept forcing him to go to government medical practitioners despite the X-Rays & proof of his permanent injury to his upper spine. They put him through hell. Eventually he committed suicide. I think it was because the police department had let him down. He was a broken man. I will never forgive them for that.
    Keith.

38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The cop's stories are great. What most folk do not see in society are the crazies and when they do see them the crazies are often in zombie mode and/or medicated, i.e. not bat-##it crazy mode. I've done clinical practicum with psych cases on a psych ward and a member of my family worked with them for decades. People, you see these folks as "normal" folks every day .... however ... let them get off their meds for a few days (or hours) and you would never recognize them as the same folk. Their families have to deal with this hell. The cops and EMS have to deal with this hell. Medical staff have to .......

When things go bad, NORMAL people get crazy and the crazies either get craziererer or go normal (you can't make this sh## up). When it hits the fan here in the States, all hell is going to break loose. The pharmaceutical folk manufacture coal train loads of dope every year ... or should I say, "month".

Wise pharmacists keep a gun close by.

Keith H. likes this.
  39. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I appreciate being appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Suicide? Me? Never entered my mind.
    Sadly, however, my own partner in the detective bureau shot himself in the head.
    He'd gone through a bad divorce, child support left him very little to live on and he
    ended up in psychological care.
    He began drinking heavily and shot himself.
    I'm sure he suffered from p.t.s.d, then divorce, then drinking heavily.
    Police officers are in the top five occupations for suicide.
    I knew one deputy that killed two armed robbers and wounded a third.
    He got commendations for bravery.
    No one sent him to critical incident debriefing or saw the warning signs.
    He killed himself also.
    I was in therapy for 5 years for severe p.t.s.d./depression and alcoholism.
    People see a cop riding around in a pretty squad car drinking coffee and think "what a
    waste of my tax money".
    I've gone to extremes in minutes. From helping an invalid back in bed to fighting for my life
    in a bar fight.
    Alcohol nearly killed me.
    Believe me I don't touch the stuff any longer.
    For me it's poison and the pathway to a humiliating death.
    Survivor don'cah'know.:D

Keith H. likes this.
  40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Stress causes depression. Depression is a physical disorder. If you took cortisone week after week, it would eventually cause psychosis -- it's a known side effect. Stress causes your adrenal cortex to dump what? Cortisol, i.e. cortisone! So week after week of stress causes ...

There are all other types of hormones that get released secondary to stress. These trash your brain transmitters, such as serotonin.

Let me repeat. Stress causes depression. Then what do human being do? We self-medicate. What's the #1 self-medication we take for stress? Bingo! It's alcohol (ETOH). Alcohol buggers the brain transmitters also. And this causes ...? Yes, more depression! Double whammy!

So there's the viscous circle. And it is as physical as diabetes, or pneumonia, or arthritis, or ... . No human is immune. Often it is the strongest people who suffer the most because they feel that it is "all in their mind", so all you have to do is "toughen-up". Oops -- never diagnose yourself; doctors are told not to do so, but they sure as hell do and get into the same trouble as their patients.

41. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Why I'm alcoholic and it almost killed me.
    One hospital admitted me 24 hours after my last drink and my blood alcohol (b.a.c.) was
    a .40!
    .40 is a coma, more than that is death.
    Mine must have been at least .50 when I quit.
    Why I just can't consume any alcohol of any kind ever!