Mouthwash To Help Fight Virus ?

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Nov 17, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54971650

Good afternoon all,

Surely mostly non-wilderness matter so am posting this here reather than first aid section.

Above link tells of some OTC mouthwashers that kill the virus.

It's worth following this mouthwash as a preventive matter study. It could be a win-win situation. Oral hygiene, if OKed by your DDS, has mouthwash use. If this same OTC pharma makes an unfriendly environment for the virus: grest news.

I use an RX mouthwash and noticed I have less respiratory ailments than I should experience otherwise. I meet the criteria and commentary that should have left the planey by now. Maybe it's the mouthwash !

I don't know if the mentioned - periodontalogist - is the same profession as the American English - periodonist (a DMD[ a specialized medical doctor]) nor do I have a pound sterling key on my keyboard but cn still say that these professions cost $$$ and usual insurance in US does not cover this type of gum care.

A key part of my evac involves a health-care vest loaded with dental hygiene stuff. I learned about this the good old-fashioned way and it's a reason I do not have a new pickup truck.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I read that article. I use mouthwash daily, and I certainly agree with you Pragmatist, since using it I have less respiratory ailments than I used to - but I suspect that may be coincidence ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    they be panic buying mouthwash now!!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Mouthwash? Are we talking about moonshine here?

It'll kill germs.

It killed Ricky ... just like it got his dad ... and his papaw.

5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Wife went to the grocery yesterday. Found effects of panic-buying. What's scary is that we live in Nowheresville, America. The only Chinacovid cases around here are within families who commute to a city for work (nasty commute, that). It's obvious that we have panic people about.

To a person with a prepper mentality, this panic behavior is exceedingly strange/sad stuff.

I don't consider myself an actual prepper. My people came from god-awful poverty and did their putting-backs as part of "what you did". A life living off of nature grinds into a soul the reality that time'n'tide is fickle, sometimes downright evil. One puts-back, else one's family could perish. My world is ten thousand stories and traditions. "Thou shalt!"

Due to my childhood conditioning, this panic-stuff is totally strange, even frightening. Why frightening? Because there is so much of it going on and also because I see it in this Heartland setting. Weak/useless people move in and all they are is a wad of potential burden. In hard times, the more of these people who are here, the more they could get in the way of real people.

My paternal grandmother had to take care of her sisters (to include her nieces & nephews) who had married inferior men. Even though she lived to be old, having to work to keep others alive wore her body down mightily. I learned a massive life lesson from her travail and that is to NOT sacrifice yourself when others fail. My dad and his brothers shook money out of weak men. I don't do that, but I have no respect for professional victims.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure they will. It is not a miracle cure though, it simple reduces the chances and then only if it finds its way to your mouth (although we all subconsciously touch our nose and mouth quite regularly).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    All of the mask stuff and mouthwash and voodoo this'n'that ... how bizarre.

Wash your hands regularly. Brownbear just made this point.

If you are around crowds in closed quarters, use a mask. Besides, it's flu season anyway. I'm no hypochondriac, but when I hear all kinds of people hacking in the stores during flu season, man do I ever want to put on rubber gloves.

Every year during flu season, those with pre-existing conditions get flu then pneumonia then a casket. Ask anyone who works in or with the medical community. Two nursing homes in an adjacent county had 40% c19 infection rates (nurses rotate back and forth to hospitals and bring c19 with them). Even with these high rates and with pre-existing conditions, between the two centers, only three or four died. Compare this with any flu season and the statistics get thin if you WANT to panic. C-19 is worse than the flu, especially among the elderly. In 1957 America there was a swine flu from China that killed over 100,000 Americans, including tens of thousands of small children (at that time America's population was only 60% of what it is now). In 1957, there was very serious concern, however there was no panic.

C19 has been co-opted as a political weapon. Witness how fear works on sheeple.

TMT Tactical likes this.