Must Redesign Microphones

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 5, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Like many things in life, depends on which way the wind blows.

3. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    It's not a good idea since CO levels can get too high, and infiltration into the house is likely.

If it must be kept inside, it's better to have an exhaust vent that runs to the outside and as far from the house as is practical.

One good solution would be to create a "chimney" and route the gases and the noise upwards above the roof line.

Here's an example that's made for RV's, but it wouldn't be hard to design your own since it doesn't require large pipe:
    303121544782a03439c51965b71f3a70.jpeg
    https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44461-Gen-Turi-Generator-Exhaust/dp/B000BUU5XG

Here's a more rudimentary version for smaller generators:
    https://www.amazon.com/EU2200i-EU20...AA4A1M7XWDA&psc=1&refRID=0NZNPVV7EAA4A1M7XWDA
    3f0c72f77d2f3148e98a6967ff142b01.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Snyper,

I was joking re a generator in a garage.

Still, good info/pictures posted above. It can surely help some members.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Interesting idea, Snyper. I have a little Honda E2000i that I keep in my garage since I've winterized my trailer. I'd been thinking about it as a backup in case Idaho Power screws the pooch this winter and leaves us alone in the dark. I could run a hose out into the air outside the garage, but didn't know if the extra ~10-15 feet of exhaust pipe would enable us to run without the pipe length causing a buildup of back pressure. Any ideas?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Why does anyone wan't to have running engine inside a confined space even with the door or windows open?! :confused:

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  7. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Search for some Youtube videos describing how to make the exhaust extension and you'll see lots of people have done it without issues.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Security and convenience.

Having it behind locked doors prevents theft and having it indoors protects the machine and the operator from the weather.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Everything electronic that is used for security, should be suspect. Many electronic garage door openers can be defeated with a simple CB radio.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Your electronic garage door isn't likely to be breached by a radio during a power outage. The locks on all the doors I've seen are mechanical.

TMT Tactical likes this.