My First View Of A Famous Br Politician

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Dec 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50858880

Good morning all,

I started out looking for any article about the Aussie government allowing fireworks - the display type; not the old definition US uses in some HAZMAT regulations - during their large fires going on.

By accident, ran into above in re Christine Keeler. She got involved in a situation where a British government collapsed from the related scandal.

The above link has a picture of Secretary of State for War John Profumo. He dresses worst than me.

Not mentioned in article but Keeler's colleague married a millionaire and moved to Tel Aviv.

Still wondering if Government of Australia allowed/allows fireworks in an area with dangerous blazes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The Profumo scandal was a long time ago and I doubt if it would raise much comment today. I remember my parents discussing it years after the event and it seemed to me, even as a youngster, that the tittilation caused by the alleged sexual behaviour was of more interest than the potential breach of security.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Brownbear,

My views are like your folks; it was the tabloids' work relief act. The security implications were minor. I recall PM Macmillian - and I could be mixing up the PMs - big scandal was "Skybolt" and the British component of the nuclear arsenal against the Soviets.

Nowadays, Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice Davies would appear as upscale invitees to state dinners.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    well it was the 60s and "free love" was all the rage, pity I was too young to partake.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Not me, was a fun time! :D

TMT Tactical, Dec 31, 2019
      Brownbear likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    parents kept a watchful eye on me so even when I left school I was on a curfew.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.