My "survive A Day"-kit

Discussion in 'Survival Kits' started by Blacky, Sep 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Most times I read from people that they pack a lot of things in their survival kits. You can read from water up to weapons. But that is the point for me - they take it only when they go out for longer trips. For the 1 hour wood walk they don't need those kits and leave it at home or in the car. And here the mental problem starts for me. Accidents can always happen and it is good to survive until professional help will be in place.

So what do I carry always in my pockets ?

1 small swiss army knife (Victorinox Classic - 22 grams) which is attached to my keys.
    1 field dressing - small (sterile pad of dressing with a bandage already attached )
    1 space blanket
    1 pencil and paper
    1 lighter or some matches
    1 whistle

Do you agree? What do you take on a normal walk?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    On just a normal walk in the forest I only carry what is in my work clothing pockets, A clasp knife, whetstone,matches in a match safe, car keys, small LED torch, reading glasses & spectacles.
    On treks & camps I carry my full kit, regardless of duration or distance.
    Keith.

3. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    It has alot to do where I am. If Im in a city, Im pretty well off with a cellphone, keys and cash. When Im at home, in the northern sweden alps, I carry completely different gear. Same with what season it is.
    Common sense is the key. Think what you might need and take it one step further. Generally I try and get away with as little bulk as possible. Again, depending on the conditions. I dont go out prepared for a snowstorm in June, if you know what I mean.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets all the time every day all day. As I sit here I check my pockets and have a leatherman tool, scissors, folding screwdriver set, small pry bar, little swiss tech folding knife, streamlight nano flashlight, 6' measuring tape, a bic lighter, a maglite solitare flashlight, a condom, an a couple of very small metal bottles with drugs cotton and an assortment of pills in them. Pretty often you can add a gun anything from a bigger gun to a little derringer. In most of my hats I have a piece of piano wire with loops on the end.