My Thinking Corner

Discussion in 'Permanent Shelters' started by randyt, Mar 21, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I sit here when I need to ponder.

6cc31ec93408b6f9dbdd349ddf68e7a2.jpeg

2. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    That and a beverage of choice would make a great place to pontificate! I love your chinking. Nice clean work!

Sourdough, randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    God gave us thought so as to multiply our suffering.

Try to avoid thinking whenever possible.

In your prayers, never ask for mercy, you could get His attention -- a thing that could prove catastrophic. God's Love burns like acid.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do my best thinking out in the open countryside away from other people.

5. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Much of my best thinking has been done while sitting in a tree waiting for the Sun to rise and a deer to come along.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I drive backwoods roads to think. I take the long road home. Sometimes I hide in plain sight. When doing the latter, I watch the unthinking not think. I hear them grunt and squeal. Were I to throw them corn, they wouldn't understand. They can't think. Did I mention that? I avoid their "places of worship". I avoid their government buildings. Such are the places they go poo.

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Too much thinking makes my head hurt. I will usually opt for a nap. Now, Randyt, if that chair is a recliner you may be on to something. I do like the cabin. Nicely done.

8. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

This would be me, too. Especially during bowhunting season. Studying nature up close and personally produced some of the finest thinking that I have ever thunk. Also invented a lot of recipes, too. Hmmm... that squirrel would make a fine jambalaya. But no, better wait for the deer backstrap first, because it ain't squirrel season. Lucky squirrel.

I used to also write my study notes on small pieces of paper when I was in college, and study for tests while I was in a treestand. (I aced my grades with a perfect 4.0 grade average. I blame the deer woods, lol.)

It tickles me to no end for squirrels and birds to not realize that I was in their tree and practically run over me. I get a kick out of making a tiny noise and watching their shock of discovering I am a human and not part of the tree, lolol.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  9. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Randy, that is an awesome Thinking Corner you've got there. Really nice job you did there!

10. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    That's one of the most fun parts of total camouflage.

I've had squirrels walk across my feet and birds perch on my gun barrel and they never realized I was there.

I was in a makeshift ground blind one day and had a Red Fox looking at me from two feet away without ever seeing me.

11. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Lol! I have had turkeys do what your Red Fox did.

To go along with the Thinking Corner topic, the most maddening thought-busting thing ever in the deer woods is the danged mosquitoes. Of course, I don't dare SWAT them away, or else the sudden movements would alert every critter in the woods that there is a stooopid human decked out in camo trying to bowhunt from the tree... However, crushed pine needles and beautyberry bush leaves help a lot with most of the skeeters.

(I fish and gun-hunt too. Rifle, shotgun and muzzleloader as well. So got lots of time to think properly in peace and quiet.)

12. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    have y'all ever noticed when something starts to come in, that's when the nose starts to itching.

13. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Yep, it's almost like we have weirdo radar or something. I think the critters definitely have it too. The Native Americans of yesteryear thought so too. They would deliberately not focus on the kill zone too much and tried to deflect their "killing thoughts" before making the shot. For giggles and grins, I tried it both ways, and well I'll be danged... there seems to be "something" to it.

Try it, you will see what I am talking about. The game seems less aware of your presence, regardless of which way the wind is blowing, if you think of something unrelated to killing them just before making the shot. Strange...

14. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have always wondered if our thought waves could not be intercepted by other folks or critters.

GrizzlyetteAdams likes this.
  15. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Native Americans knew it, and I myself have seen it many times, not only with game but domestic animals as well. Strangest thing ever! Dunno if it is because I also have Native American heritage, or my thoughts are so primitive even animals can pick up on it. I have demonstrated this oddity to show my friends and family how uncanny this is, and they are just as flummoxed as I am.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I wear gloves and a mesh head net when they are a problem
    (which is most of the time here)

I've also found that Permanone works great and has almost no odor.
    You spray it on your clothes, not on your skin.

It also kills ticks and chiggers.

One treatment lasts a couple of weeks even if you wash the clothes once.
    It's sometimes labeled as "Duranon"
    https://www.amazon.com/Repel-LIB371439-Permanone-6oz-Aerosol/dp/B003T1OS96