My Truck Lost Its Cool!

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Oddcaliber, Jul 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    Oh well, life happens. After bringing my GF to work I'm making the trip back home when the radiator decided to fail. However I work for Goodyear and know a tow truck driver that works part time in my shop. Getting my truck there was the first step. Ordered a new radiator while I was removing the old one. This job was a real PITA! At least my boss is cool and let me work on it in the employee parking lot which is close to my toolbox. Depends on how busy we are tomorrow and when the boss lets my loose I should have it back up and running. Also my buddy working there is a certified ASE technician if I do get into a jam.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sucks when the wheels go down. I am sure most of us has had it happen in the past. Glad that personal connections have limited the damages. I do hope you had some alternate means of transportation. Hope you are able to get back on the road tomorrow.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning OddCal,

Having that radiator headache is at least balanced by the support system available.

Plus, no adverse weather to slow repairs.

Hope all works out OK.

Oddcaliber and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Guys, should have her up and running today. One really nice thing about being in the auto repair business is that there's a Ford dealer literally on the other side of the fence of my shop! We get parts at a discount.

TMT Tactical likes this.