Mysterious Virus Spreads In China

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Jan 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.oann.com/mysterious-virus-spreads-in-china-over-40-people-infected/

Mysterious virus spreads in China, over 40 people infected

946464324a4e36db295230cf11052a03.jpeg
    In this Friday, Jan. 3, 2020, photo released by Hong Kong Government Information Service, Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam, second from right, accompanied by Secretary for Food and Health, Prof. Sophia Chan, right, reviews the health surveillance measures by officers of the Port Health Division at West Kowloon Station in Hong Kong. (Hong Kong Government Information Service via AP)

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 12:07 PM PT — Saturday, January 11, 2020

Chinese health officials are still struggling to identify a fast-spreading virus, which has left one person dead and infected many others. This week, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said more than 40 people have been diagnosed since the start of the outbreak.

A 61-year-old man, who passed away this week, was said to be the first known death from the virus. Officials said the first victim was a regular at a live seafood market.

Although he had health issues prior to being infected, some are linking the pathogen to animal exposure.

“Tentative diagnoses showed 41 cases suffer from pneumonia caused by a preliminarily determined new type of coronavirus, including two people who have already left hospital. Seven are in severe condition, one died. Other patients are in stable condition.” – Hu Die, Chinese Central Television Anchor

The Wuhan health authority is conducting tests to identify the pathogen.

RELATED: Chinese Officials Increase Safety Precautions In Response To Mysterious Illness Outbreak

946464324a4e36db295230cf11052a03.jpeg
    A health surveillance officer with temperature scanner waits for passengers at the Hong Kong International airport in Hong Kong, Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020. (AP Photo/Andy Wong)

2. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    With this info coming out of China do you think that the numbers are actually much higher than reported in this story?
    Notice the smiles on the Hong Kong Government Information Service, Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam and the Secretary for Food and Health, Prof. Sophia Chan as they "review the health surveillance measures by officers of the Port Health Division at West Kowloon Station in Hong Kong." Does anyone find those smiling faces off putting considering the circumstances?

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Last Outlaw,

Yes, I think the illness numbers are much higher. This is also being studied here by CDC. The implications are tremendous.

No, smiling Carrie Lam has ~ 9 - 15 public audiences to address. The US public is not even near the top level of importance.

The mentioned West Kowloon railroad station is the connecting terminal/interface of HK's mass transit rail and the China railroads for up north trips. This terminal, for obvious reasons, exercises both HK and PRC laws. This became a complaint of the protesters / rioters.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Purple Gumboots and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    OLD NEWS

Do you really think any western country gov't or medias will provide better report / better public transparency? Seriously?!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

KUL infections are sad news.

The mentioned KUL origin flights also arrive here in the US, obviously enough. The US, with its bloated and overpaid health care system, is not ready for this.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...qE6fZl3ulttkwdsfdNznS2g2BQVW8l11GUeftE4CI2HbE

U.S. officials confirm first U.S. case of China coronavirus

Julie Steenhuysen
    Jan 21st 2020 2:03PM
    Jan 21 (Reuters) - A traveler from China has been diagnosed in Seattle with the Wuhan coronavirus, a spokesman from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Tuesday.

The news was first reported by CNN.

More details will be released later on Tuesday in a news conference, CDC spokesman Benjamin Haynes told Reuters.

The newly identified coronarvirus originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, and has spread to Beijing and Shanghai. More than 300 people have been infected so far and six have died, according to Chinese health officials.

8f69497f6ef876ba1f16a82fd51d0b99.png
    Last week, the CDC began screening travelers from China in three U.S. airports. Besides the United States, cases outside of China have been reported in South Korea, Thailand and Japan.

8f69497f6ef876ba1f16a82fd51d0b99.jpeg
    13 PHOTOS
    China coronavirus outbreak spreads across regions
    See Gallery

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    So what virus type supplies should I have on hand.........??? And I do have a lot of stuff, but maybe there is a key thing I should order.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  10. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Perhaps elderberry syrup.

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like a good mixer with Tequila.......

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    UN-official word is now SIX (6) cases in America.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure that there is much of anything that I can do to prepare for a worldwide plague or viral disease. Most virus type illnesses can only be prevented via vaccination. The problem is like getting a flu shot there are a lot of different types of flu. Eventually, another viral infection is going to pop up and spread so fast that they won't be able to manufacture and distribute a vaccine in time to make much difference. If you get it you will get sick. Some will die some will live. It is going to be more about luck than preparation unless you are already isolated. I don't spend much time worrying about things that I can't do anything about. I sort of put this in the same line with surviving an all-out nuclear war. I live where I live. I'm not leaving and if I get hit that will be it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Sourdough,

TexDanm already presented the response.

As far as supplies go and "key thing";

Enhanced hand washing with bio soap and keep maintain healthy living eg decent diet.

The actually required supplies are the RX pharma and they are not ready for manufacture yet. Like Tex said, there could be various "strains" of Wuhan corona virus. CDC's Epidemic Intelligence Service is busy.

My personal weak link of prep is RX pharma and what I see as the national weak link is mass medical care.

Related to this and perhaps even more important is for the national authorities to prevent panics. Our country is not ready.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Remember I have no way in HELL to go to town till late April or early May. Soooo that is roughly 100 days from now, or a bit over three months, I am 100% stuck on this mountain.
    If there is anything that I should consider ordering from Amazon.com before the panic and it is unavailable........I would rather have it here. The money does mot matter. But if I wait till I need something, like rehydration fluid additives, I am OK with ordering it and never using it. It takes several weeks for orders to get to the bottom of my mountain.

LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is a single stranded RNA virus. This makes this very susceptible to mutations!

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Good morning Sourdough,

Above link is CDC's latest.

At link's left is "Guidance For Travelers" where it mentions washing hands with alcohol-based soaps. I use Phisohex (spelling?) because of care-giver M.D. saying so.

There is value to being snowed-in. The big vector is people and here the people are both neglectful in their health maintenance and filthy. I avoid Walmart like --- if I may use poetic license --- like the plague.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    9 dead as of this morning.

19. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm, this could be a bad one. Chinese new year is Saturday and most Chinese people go back to their family homes (a bit like our Christmas) and the risk it will spread throughout China's population.

This could end up as bad news......

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    any disease can spread from the other side of the world to here within 24-26 hours because of our rapid transport systems, then it will spread like wildfire through the cities because of their close proximity to the airports and rail hubs.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    That exactly what I'm worried about. This year 春節 gonna be bleak. I don't see much preparation even where I live (where its typically quite lively), everybody worry the disease reach here.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  22. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I moved onto very private property in the country from Central Texas. Since moving here we rarely go into town and when we do it is for supplies and we have minimal contact with others. When living in Central Texas with a child in school and near a US Military base there were illnesses on a regular basis in the household. Since moving here there has been one cold bug in our home in the last 6 years. This was caused by one visit to a Dr's office for an Xray of a knee injury of the child. Upon entering the Dr's office it was noticed right away that everyone in there had sniffles and fevers and coughs. The child is home schooled.

Best thing is to avoid others if possible.

TMT Tactical and TexDanm like this.
  23. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    --------------
    I am too new here to know your situation but I am curious about how you are 'stuck on the mountain' but yet can get supplies delivered via Amazon. I am NOT being disrespectful or sarcastic, just genuinely curious. Thanks in advance.

TMT Tactical, varuna and Sourdough like this.
  24. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    NOW..........17 DEAD

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    There is a road at the bottom of the mountain. UPS will leave packages/boxes of supplies that I have ordered down there. And I transfer the contents to a backpack and haul them up the mountain to the cabin. If snow conditions are right, I will sometimes use a sled to pull them up, if the packages are light weight.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This problem and the effects of avoidance as a way to stay healthy is a double-edged sword. On one side if you can isolate a child and yourself from the exposure to various bacteria and viral infections they and you will have fewer illnesses. The problem with this is that it is a little like someone that worries about straining a muscle deciding that the way to avoid that problem is to never pick up anything that weighs over 10 pounds.

I had a close friend that did this very thing. All went well until the kids got a little older and wanted to get out and about. When they finally put the kids in school it was a DISASTER. All the colds and sniffles that a kid normally gets once and never again when they are little snotty-nosed kids hit them and they were sick as hell for almost two years until they caught up with their peers in the immunological sense.

Your immune system is a little like muscles. It gets better as it is used. My friend's kids were not just sick because they were suddenly exposed to things that are common in normal society for the first time. They were sick longer and had much more severe reactions to those illnesses because their immune systems were weak.

This is why I drink from fresh puddles after a rain and often will pull something out of the garden and then eat it after a quick wipe down. these acts work a little like allergy shots so that if I ever HAVE to survive in a more rustic world I won't have to be sick while I am adjusting to the normal things in that environment.

If you will let kids get dirty and associate with lots of other dirty little urchins they will be stronger and healthier adults when they HAVE to go out into the world to work. To each their own, I just wanted to offer you a thought about the possible future problems that isolation might cause.

PS: If you want to see what I mean read up on the problems that the Native Americans had with illnesses when they met with the various diseases that the filthy Europeans had brought to them and introduced into their more isolated society. They reciprocated by giving the Europeans syphlis though.

27. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Recently in airports, east coast west coast. Meeting with people who came in from all around planet (literally). Stayed in huge hotel having international conference (I was at another). Numerous times in same room with people from every continent on this planet.

If any American traveler could have been exposed to this new lovely, then I'm the guinea pig of all time.

Is my situation rare? NO! Everybody, save hermits, are in this age and time exposed -- knowingly or unknowingly to viruses from around our planet. I stopped off at Walmart to get a few things before going home. While there, I touched things and I did not stop breathing; I did not wear a mask.

Hmmm, my throat is getting sore.

28. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  31. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/vide...-should-not-be-underestimated-professor-video

If not this virus, another.

We should study this outbreak to get a handle on what could happen in future with a virus of truly lethal properties. Note how quickly the numbers jumped. Note the initial Chinese cover-up. Note how quickly the jump to America.

This is the current reality of how vulnerable our species is to the spread of contagions on our tiny planet.

TMT Tactical and Purple Gumboots like this.
  32. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    China cover up seriously?! Seem like you have been reading FAKE NEWS too much

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    17 dead and over 500 cases as of this morning. all public transport shut down in Wuhan.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  35. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I guess this is how you control a protest...

All joking aside, it seems from the dawn of man a lot of nasty shit comes from south east Asia. Just look at the black plague that hit Europe in the 1300s. The vector from that was trade ships from China. The flees were infected, they lived on the backs of rats, the rats were bitten and thus got infected. The infected flee caring rats went on a trip on the trade ships from Asia to Europe and thus it spread from Italy up to France, England and all the way to parts of Russia. Pretty damn unreal yet in the 1300s there was no air travel or rail.

With the outbreak of ebola in a, to borrow Trump's phrase, "shit hole country" in Africa, every time I visited the doctor or ER I was asked if I was ever outside the country. And in fact in the ER they had an area there cordoned off for such a case. Now this isn't NY, LA, London, etc. This is what I call a relatively small town of some 80k. I call it a small town because I used to live in Riverside, California and THAT was a damn city. Never mind LA, San Fran, etc.

One day all ports of entry should have viral screening or something. Only makes sense. Be very prudent. I'm sure the Trump Admin. are watching this.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    seems this outbreak is because they were selling infected snakes and other wildlife, including Bat Soup, in a sea food market, "bush meat"-where have we heard that before. the entire city of 11million people has now been sealed off, no more people will be allowed to leave.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

I guess Communism can have its benefits. Hopefully that keeps the crap there and not spread else where.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess that is the general idea although its a bit "shut the stable door after the horse has bolted" sort of thing, as there are cases in Japan and Thailand, I did hear there was one case in the US but I don't know if that has been confirmed, no cases in UK..so far.
    I did hear they have quarantined a second city so that's now 18 Million people with nowhere to go.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

Yes, indeed, the US Government is monitoring the Wuhan virus matter.

All the US "gateway" airports (and some others) can/do screen arriving passengers and crews from monitored locations.

Initially the USG announced 3 airports will start screening. Shortly after, 2 more were added and announced to the public.

As important as the public health aspects of preventing an epidemic, is the importance of preventing a national panic.

Although not publicly reported, I am sure Dullas Airport, D.C. - actually a few miles west in Virginia - and Chambers Field, N.A.S. Norfolk, also are screening arrivals.

Lonewolf, It's been in the news here that a metro-Seattle resident, returned from Wuhan, China area about 3 days prior to the national news and confirmed by his doctor that he has the Wuhan virus. The public reports say he is in medical isolation and in recovery - some words similar.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  40. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/p0121-novel-coronavirus-travel-case.html

Good morning all,

Above tells about the American with the Wuhan flu.

May I suggest that at our campfire cookout, we draft some regulations to prohibit the cooking of camels, cats and bats ?

Now if only CDC's Epidemic Intelligence Service gets a budget like Office of Naval Intelligence or Valarie Plame's clubhouse, the country can be called "serious" in dealing with this. I think it will happen.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This was not an avoidance tactic, it was a side effect of moving to a rural area and removing he child from a socialist and controlling school system. I agree with you about keeping kids away from germs and the fact that their immune system does not build the needed antibodies. I would say this is very important in their early years. This child is middle school aged. The trade-off of her being in middle school in her case is not worth it.

43. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I well understand about the school thing and that is why my Grandbaby is not going to a public school. Public schools have become little more than government-run daycare for throwaway kids. The problem is not totally the schools though. When parents don't care about their kids and don't even teach them the basics and morals the schools can't function. The government will NOT allow them to discipline the kids or throw them out and teachers end up being more like referees and pre-prison guards than teachers. In order to allow these throwaway kids to graduate they have lowered the standards. At one point they were graduating kids that were functionally illiterate. They got in trouble over than and now they have to pass a 9th-grade equivalency test in order to graduate even if they have passed all of their classes. If the parents aren't involved they will just let the kids slide by.

44. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The rural Chinese are known to protest, but they rarely overtly rebel. The urbanites are slaves.

In the end, the Chinese do as they are told. They are followers. They believe or pretend to believe what they are told by their "superiors". They can be controlled. Their cities are composed of enormous flocks of sheeple.

Asia is overcrowded and thus very susceptible to plagues. Within the next couple of decades (or years), there may not be any overcrowding in Asia.

45. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    You should stop ordering everything since anything you order could be contaminated.

You already have enough stuff to survive for years and there are no humans there to transmit the disease.

Purple Gumboots likes this.
  46. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I thought you said you were going to build your mini-shelters on skids so you could tow them with your snowmobile.

And you only go to town once a year anyway.

47. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    forty three million now under quarantine in China . The largest quarantine in the planet earths history . This quarantine is likely to include YOU in the near future regardless of what country you may reside. I hope all of you guys are prepped and ready for isolation . If this as being predicted happens it will be dangerous to go to a food store . Check out " the common sense show " found on you tube for more details .

48. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    56 million now under lockdown, 1.1 BILLION now in some form of quarantine, in Wuhan where it all started cars are BANNED from the roads unless they have a special pass.

poltiregist likes this.
  49. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Think about it . What would life be like if this measure was taken in your country ? Highways , interstates leading in and out of cities and towns shut down to civilian traffic . The unprepared desperately taking a risk and going out to procure food and then spreading the virous farther . Businesses shutting down thus no job and no paycheck coming in . Quite possibly credit cards could be frozen from farther use as jobs lost means to credit lenders a high risk of individuals not being able to repay the credit companies .

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  50. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if it happened in the UK the sheeple would be panicking the hospitals would be overwhelmed and i'd be going into total personal isolation until it is all over.

randyt and poltiregist like this.