Natural Disasters And Coronavirus At Same Time ?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/en...-natural-disaster-and-coronavirus-at-the-same

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Start the visualization: floods, wildfires, hurricanes .......

Vanderbilt Professor Mark Abkowitz poses THE IMPORTANT question for communities.

My original hunch was confirmed that my community has a waiver program for Emergency Responders. Those over the 60 year old age to stay isolated ... our Governor is also a Medical Doctor ... was asked to be ready effective now.

Sheltering evacuatees ?! ROthe gymfloorL. My backwater is not ready for social distancing due the virus and 20 more shelter facilities ......

No; Disaster logistics management should not / can not be a Federal role. The Professor know the concepts. He doesn't know the contractors.

We have a unified command system in use in Virginia. So does Tennessee. Using DHS/HHS $$$ requires it.

This is a truly TIMELY article. Wait 'till the paper towels are sold out and there's no extra batteries for the flashlight.

2. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    Slow down. Cloth towels not paper,clean bum with water not paper. reusable batteries.. and go to you tube and discover gasafiers and recycling plastic to remake things. My friends a garage is not for a car. Its the repurpose head quarters. Oh did I tell you how to make paper

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Overwatch,

I do not believe you are familiar with any contractors who provide cloth towels.

Do not reusable batteries require a support system ?

Will Youtube be working ?

How can you recycle plastic while waiting in line for an influenza shot ?

Anticipate rationing of gasoline.

The garage, a building, is empty if there is a mandatory evac order.

Making paper is time and resource intensive when added to list near the efforts seeking RX pharma for intense pain.

The US is not yet set up for camping trips with reusable batteries.

TMT Tactical likes this.