New Bang Stick Build

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Dalewick, Sep 5, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Well, I decided to build a AR10/M110 SASS weapon after some discussion on here. Bought a stripped lower receiver today from Palmetto State Armory for $79.99 and having it shipped to my FFL.
    betsy10lower.png
    The finished weapon will have either a 16" or 18" barrel. Haven't decided yet, but leaning heavily toward the 18" for added yardage. Finished weapon will look a lot like this.

5142.jpg

Looking forward to shooting it.

Dale

Attached Files:

Morgan101, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      477/575

Blog Posts:
    Keep us informed at to your progress. I can't make myself pull the trigger (pun intended) on an AR10. Still stuck in AR15 land. For the heavier calibers, I think I will be sticking to a bolt action rifle.

Morgan101, Sourdough and Dalewick like this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    To build one, I sell one. Just trying to decide what's going. Choices are a MK12 type AR15 or my M21. Leaning to the MK12 as I can always build another if needed.

Decisions, Decisions...

Dale

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

477/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to sell and replace but I got rid of too many firearms I wish I still had. Now it is hold off, save and just buy something new for eh collection. I like the term collection, sounds more like an investment vs. the arsenal. :rolleyes:

Morgan101 and Sourdough like this.
  5. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Fully understand. I have some weapons that will never get sold (MP5, M40, Winchester Model 70, etc.) because I want my kids to have them latter. The rest are commodities.

Dale

Morgan101, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. TMT Tactical

477/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, my collection is destined for my Oldest son. We collaborate on the collection. He bought the 40 cal, stuff. I bought the 9mm stuff. He bought the 300 win mag. I bought the 6.5 Creedmoor. He bought several 22lr, pistols and rifles, I will buy the precision 22 Lr rifle. He will buy the 357 firearms (pistols & carbines) and I will buy the 44 mag (pistols and carbines). He will buy the 338 Lapua and I will buy the 22-250. I am buying the reloading equipment and gunsmithing hand tools. He will buy the milling machines and lathes. AND the list goes on. His kids will inherit it all. They will be the next generation of gun toting conservatives.

7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    Dale: That looks sweet. Let us know how it turns out.

My situation is similar with my Nephew being the beneficiary of my " Collection ", which is exactly the term I use. When asked "How many guns do you have?" my response is " the start of a nice collection."

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.