New Camping/survival Tool

Discussion in 'Cooking and Cooking Utensils' started by Pragmatist, Jun 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I still carry around pocket esbit stove + hexamine tablets, although butane stove + any cooking set is always around albeit being hauled by human porter

3. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess it would work as long as you had a can. If you have to carry a can to put the stove head on why not just carry the mini stove? There are many like the Esbit that are small and affordable. Lixada and Coghlans are both under $16.00.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have made several "hobo" stoves, a baby milk powder can is the ideal size, I make them upside down so the bottom becomes the hot plate, no need for gadgets, just a few minutes work.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have made hobo stoves from tuna fish cans. Looks like an Altoids tin will work as well. Very simple. Here is a link. I did not put a wick in mine. They do work, but be forewarned they burn dirty. I don't know if it was the wax I used, which was household paraffin, or the corrugated, but when I tested it, the bottom of the pot was black with soot.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      Just a FYI. They now sell almonds in a small, almost tuna size can, that is fairly thick metal and makes great wax & cardboard stoves. I mention it because it comes with a snap on plastic lid that is water tight and actually stays on. THEY ARE GREAT!!

Dalewick, Jun 22, 2020
      Morgan101 likes this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Just curious, does anyone still use esbit style pocket stove frequently?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Do you realize the giant picture in your signature takes up half the screen?
    It's pretty irritating when you post a single line.

8. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It looks simple so it must work. I'll look for one if it gets to production.

3644e17301ecc9ffebf94356b62eb42c.jpg

Reduce, reuse & recycle.

Dale

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.