New Member New From Western Wyoming

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Michael Anderson, Apr 13, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Michael Anderson

Michael Anderson New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Served my country for 21 years, now retired, trying to make ends meet in the civilian world. I have a wonderful wife and four children. Been a prepper for a couple of decades. My wife and I are on the same page, and this is good. Love life, and feel like a sheep dog at times. Pleased to be here.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Michael.
    Keith.

Michael Anderson likes this.
  3. Michael Anderson

3/25

Blog Posts:
    I hope to gain further truth and enlightenment, when it comes to prepping within a budget. I also hope to be a valuable source of prepper info to any who seek the same. I have read about and pondered prepping for many years now, so I may have picked up a few golden nuggets of knowledge.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well you can't beat experience Michael, but at the same time I still find myself learning something I didn't know or had not thought of. Much of my life has been spent in isolated areas, areas where one can be cut off in heavy rains. Now we live in a forest in New England NSW. Not as isolated as we were in the Territory, but we can still get rained in & we still keep a good store of foods in the pantry. Old habits die hard. We need 4WDs out here, on & off the property.
    Keith.

Michael Anderson likes this.
  5. Michael Anderson

3/25

Blog Posts:
    My wife and I, when we married in 1996, began prepping for Y2k, while living outside Atlanta, GA. Being members of the LDS Church, we began a hearty food storage. We have since continued with that, as our family size grew. We lived in Jacksonville FL for several years as well, and learned hurricane preparedness. When 9-11 went down, it really opened our eyes, and as the world has become a quagmire of overthrown governments, terrorism, environmental changes, and more numerous nuclear threats, the scope and magnitude of our preparedness has increased. I have developed respect for the commentaries, writings and interviews of people like James W Rawles, Matt Bracken, Michael Savage, Joel Skousen, Robert Forschen, Joe Nobody, and other like-minded folks. My Kindle app is swamped with Prep and PAW books, some good, some not so, but there is a lot of forknowledge there. Several threads could cover just some of the best, and the different scenarios. One thing I have learned, is that whether it comes fast or slow, most all Teotwawki SHTF scenarios lead to WROL (without rule of law). If people could be lead to focus on that aspect, it probably would not be so overwhelming to those new to prepping. Also, dual purposing things we purchase in our arsenal of preps, would help people feel more comfortable doing it.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Michael Anderson

3/25

Blog Posts:
    DITTO!

Keith H. likes this.