New hi point c9

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Tom Williams, Aug 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Yesterday for 169 bucks i got a brand new hi point c9 in 9mm cal bulky heavey yep sure but it works well going to pick up a hi point 9mm carbine soon to pair with it they had sold out of and waiting for a shipment ive shot many rounds threw these guns and find them to be great guns for the price. A rifle and pistol combo for under 500 bucks is a great deal

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes that is some good pricing! those hi points are fun guns, never owned one but my shooting partner had one I shot occasionally.
    Much preferred the Beretta 92 series though.

3. Leonard

Leonard New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I have been pondering getting a High Point 9 mm, did not know they made a carbine. Good information.

4. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Run new brass shells norelooads or other ammo shoot clean these will give you years of good service for price

5. SgtB802

SgtB802 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    To each there own we have had tons of trouble with these handguns now there rifles are great but seen way too many failures with there pistols I love economical priced weapons but these have had too many issues for my liking I'm a ccw instructor and a lot of people buy these for self defense/ first pistol on a budget and I have seen way aover 50% fail in some sort here now the pistol that seems to work great here is the Taurus g2 9mm no issues and seen thousands of rounds thru them. And watch we get them for 199.99 on sale with 12 rd mags

6. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    Sadly we don't have manufacturers like Hi-Point or Kel-Tec. I think a lot of people would invest in these brands as they offer decent quality at affordable prices. Over here pistols such as Glock or Smith and Wesson start at about R10 000 upwards( approximately $700). Don't even get me started on carbines...

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I got one some time ago and have to say that it is probably the ugliest gun that I own. Now that that is said I've had no problems with it and was rather amazed at how well it shoots for me. I bought it because I have several cases of foreign made machine gun ammo that is basically +P+ and beats the polymer framed autos to pieces. Also the primer on those things is a harder metal. So far the Hi point likes them and that extra weight totally tames them. Not that any 9mm really has much recoil to me. I actually prefer a 357 mag or maybe a 41 mag for protection but the 9mm rounds are just so cheap. I probably would like a Glock or Beretta better if I wanted a big capacity 9mm for a lot more money. For the price and for carrying in my truck the Hi Point is great along with a shot gun. My concealed carry if I carry is a Ruger LC9S Pro or a Taurus 85 with +P+ 38 special reloads.

Mekada likes this.
  8. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I just picked up the hipoint carbine it mates the pistol as both are 9mm the mrs will use them the low recoil of both make for very nice firearms for the ladies

Mekada likes this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The only thing that you need to make sure of is that your wife can jack the slide back to load that first round from the magazine. My wife has a hard time with that so when she is using my truck I make sure that there is one in the barrel and the safety is on. Because this is a blow back action with no gas delay the main spring is heavier as is the slide. I'm thinking about getting the 45 carbine. Now THAT will have some pretty decent stopping power and still be small lady friendly. To tell you the truth, for home defense, I would rather have that than one of the ARs in 5.56 if it is dependable. Let us know how you like your carbine. The only person that I know personally that has one of the 9mm carbines loves it. ;-( I wish someone would make a semiautomatic 357 mag carbine!

Mekada likes this.
  10. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I have the 9mm carbine and the only issue with it was after using the speed loader that they sell. It actually opens the magazine lips which makes them not feed properly. The company replaced the magazines at no cost to me. Fun gun to shoot and low recoil.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I really like the idea of pistol caliber carbines. I have a Winchester Trapper in 357 mag to go with my 357 mag handguns. To tell you the truth the 45acp in a carbine format would be a tremendously effective defense weapon. MUCH better than the rather anemic 5.56 in and AR format. There is a huge difference between the aims of an assault weapon and one used for defense just as there is a big difference between assault and murder in legal terms. If you are invading my home and I am protecting my family I have no desire to assault you...i want you on the ground and not a threat. I want it done QUICKLY and don't want to have to shoot you two or three times to get results. If the Hi point 45 carbine will function dependably it might possibly replace my 12 ga pump for my home defense weapon of choice.

I am still shooting and happy with my 9mm Hi Point pistol. It is ugly, it is heavy and clunky but I think that it has the capability of being effective piece for a truck or house gun. It is just a little too heavy to carry on a regular belt holster or inside your pants. It would be a lot like my old Model 28 S&W and need to be on a duty belt or with suspenders. I like it in my truck because if it gets stolen beat up or damaged I didn't lose a 500 dollar or more gun.

12. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I picked up a Hi Point C9 a couple of years ago at a gun show for $149, so cheap had to get one to try out, it has proven to be a good and dependable firearm. Like you said it is ugly, and not practical for carrying but it resides in my console of my Truck and is no great loss if lost. It would also be idea as a stash gun that can be hidden or buried.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Another nice thing about them is that because of the blow back action you can shoot the surplus machine gun ammo that would beat an alloy or plastic framed gun to pieces.

14. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When getting a carry permit in a Southern state, we were out at the range demonstrating our ability to safely handle and shoot our handguns. Two men had rather inexpensive weapons of poor quality; their weapons self-destructed. One handgun frame cracked from inside the trigger guard up to the top of the frame -- only the trigger guard kept the thing from falling into two pieces. The other weapon's slide blew apart, throwing the extractor and extractor pin away from the weapon. The extractor pin buried itself into the range-master's chin. The county rescue squad / sheriff's dept. physician just happened to be at the range and administered aid (I don't know if he got that thing out the officer's face or not). The range-master had a word with us. He said something like, "This handgun is what you are going to trust your life with, so buy the best, not something cheap."

I've had two cheap handguns self-destruct in my hand; one from Spain and one from Egypt. I thought I'd just use them as range-blasters. Oops! Blew the forcing cone in the Spanish revolver and seized the Egyptian Helwan with a reload (had to use a plastic hammer to free it up).

Don't even buy one as a non-self-defense weapon. "You get what you pay for."

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I generally agree with you but so far the Hi Point has been an exception to that rule. It reminds me a lot of a gun that I sold by the dozen when I was in the gun business. It was called a Raven and was the only 25 automatic that I ever saw that never jammed or failed. Like the Hi Point it was butt ugly and a straight blow back action. The 25 auto isn't much but at least with a Raven you knew that when you pulled the trigger it would shoot and keep on doing it. That is exactly what I've found with the Hi Point 9mm. Usable accuracy, absolute dependability and no frills. I just wish it wasn't so danm ugly.

16. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I've seen a few suicides with the Raven .25 auto.
    They worked, at least once.
    Well.................except for one.
    She shot herself in the head with a Raven.
    Evidently it knocked her out. She awoke some time later and did it again.
    That did it.
    People think a bullet to the brain is instant and painless.
    It's neither.
    Caliber dependent of course.

17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, that isn't the Raven that is the anemic little 25 auto. I sat on a jury once where a guy reached in the passenger side window and shot the driver three times with a 25. He wasn't even really wounded!! The bullets just barely got under his skin and then fell out when he bailed out of the car and ran. He didn't even know he had been hit until the cops showed up and saw the blood on his shirt back. He got LIFE in prison and he didn't even get to kill the dude.

jeager likes this.