Night Vision Goggles Reviews

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by keysbottles, Jan 17, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. keysbottles

keysbottles Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm looking for affordable night vision goggles. Don't know much about them and what to look for. Any knowledge that you have to share would be appreciated. Thanks Don

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I know very little about night vision goggles, but having seen them in use, I would think that there is no peripheral vision for the user. I guess their use would depend on the situation, but personally I prefer to get used to seeing in the dark & using my other senses.
    Keith.

3. keysbottles

keysbottles Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the response Keith. I also know little about the subject. We live in the country on a small farm, have children that live an hour away and it has been determines that our place would be BOL for everyone. It seems that as I get older I become more paranoid and pessimistic about the world situation i.e. the reason why we are preppers. If I am unfortunate enough to face a SHTF situation and have the need to protect ourselves, I can see that night vision equipment would be handy to have on hand.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We are in much the same position here kb. We live in a forest off grid & like you this is the place to come if it all hits the fan. We have two houses, & one of our three sons lives on the property. The other two sons (plus families) are not too far away.
    I don't think I am paranoid, but I am old! We have already experienced the bad side, plus I am ex security, so I guess other people may think I am paranoid!
    I hope someone on here has had some experience with night vision goggles & can give you some decent feed-back.
    Regards, Keith.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Affordable nightvision is night owl momnocular its only one eye but works good is about the sizeofa video camera had mine many years now maybe new improved is smaller. Goggles idk one big flash and your vision would be badly affected your eyes see better in the dark than people think useing red light to work in greatly helps your eyes work in dark they adjust quicker

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts: