No Food Or Water?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by camshaq23, May 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. camshaq23

camshaq23 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    In such a case where you wouldn't have any food nor water what would be the best way to go about finding supplements, hunting?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Find water first. Water can often be found in lower lying ground, but also it may be found in the form of pools on rock plateaus. Look for green vegetation. This could be in the form of bushes or trees growing in a clump or in a line along a river or creek bank.
    If you have a plastic sheet you cam make a solar still. If you have garbage bags you can place them over low hanging leafy branches & collect water that way. Early morning dew can be collected from wet grass by tying cloth around your ankles & walking through the wet grass.
    If you are in a forest with wet ground, you can dig a hole & it will usually fill with water. Same in creek beds where the water current has made a depression. Any wet ground should produce water if you dig a hole.
    Animal trails will often lead to water sooner or later.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]
    Rock pools.
    [​IMG] Solar water still.
    [​IMG] Game trails.
    Trapping is your best bet for getting meat. Traps will work for you day & night whilst you rest & conserve energy.

3. camshaq23

camshaq23 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    That first image though with the water settling on the rock doesn't look pure at all to drink.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    You should filter & boil all your water anyway if you can. To me this water looks as though it may have tanning in it from tree leaves, but it is more likely to be from iron in the rock. You can see what looks like rust marking on the rocks.
    Keith.

5. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Tannin in water does NOT make it UNSAFE to drink.
    It might not taste good but it's safe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannin

As always look it up for yourself.
    Why I most always post a link.
    Opinion are like an anal orifice.
    Everyone has one and it's worth as much.:D

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I only ever filter & boil my water when out bush, so I can't comment on the apple and tomato peels. If you are really interested in knowing about safe water, I suggest you take a look at these articles on our group's forum: http://eighteenthcenturylivinghistory.freeforums.org/safe-water-t396.html
    Regards, Keith.

7. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to the issue me food and water, the crown goes to those that east often since they are conditioned for the same. In Christianity, we call it the Esther fast. Some people have suggested drinking own urine and or eating grass which is me marginal palatability.

8. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    lol! why hunt when you have friends around? If i am not in the wild, i would go have lunch at a friend's place.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    only if they survived too!:p