Nuclear Winter

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by poltiregist, Apr 8, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Have you calculated into your survival plans , as to where you reside and its implications if we are thrown into a nuclear winter ? Areas that are already in a cold region would become frozen iceboxes . After a nuclear exchange fleeing to a warmer part of the globe may not be feasible . In a all out conflict oil will be a target as well as oil refineries and anything else related to transportation . The electrical grid will be a target so those fancy electrical vehicles would also be useless . Trucking in food to the frozen regions wouldn't happen . This is things crossing my prepper mind . Personally I would hate to know that I was stranded in Alaska or Canada and sitting in a frozen environment 12 months out of the year .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This thread I would think should interest our members as we as of this very moment sit on a strong possibility of a nuclear winter with a potential World War 3 looming .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't see the Russian invasion of Ukraine going nuke. Some Russian general could use theater nukes to destroy Ukrainian forces they can't defeat with conventional weaponry. By the way, Russia has lost around a dozen(?) generals during this Ukrainian campaign so far. Russian war-fighting puts serious brass up near the front lines.

I do not know if the above would trigger a general all-out war, however. I don't see that triggering any nuclear winter.

I sure could see North Korea pulling a strike into South Korea. The people of N.Korea are already starving. Now there is more potential for even less food to be available. Kids, that could spell all-out famine / mass-death for N.Korea. And who's in charge of that country this week?!

The North Korean military could push south to steal food from those people they hate so much. They could also send dirty bombs into America, should America defend South Korea.

Famine in the Middle East sure could trigger a nuclear war there.

I don't see a nuclear winter on our doorstep; however, there's a very real possibility of all of us getting fallout from some nuclear conflict wherever its origin.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont think anyone is heading for nuclear war, thats just to frighten the West into not helping the Ukrainians, well its not working as far as the UK is concerned.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a different outlook on the war . As of now it is being touted Russia has lost at least 15% of its entire military personnel and equipment in the conflict . Putin is a proud individual of his country and is becoming increasingly embarrassed as the Russians are being slaughtered in Ukraine . Accepting defeat is unacceptable to Puttin . At some point Puttin will resort to using a more deadly weapon . At that pivot point what the reaction of other countries will be is still unknown . The possibility of a full nuclear exchange began by an embarrassed Putin I consider very real .

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont agree, Putin is many things but he's not stupid, he knows if he uses nuclear weapons Russia will be wiped off the map by the West, if he can exit Ukraine with a partial victory say the retention of the break away regions by Russia then he can say that was the plan all along .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Big nations don't seem to be able to win the little small nation wars. They inevitably seem to get bogged down and end up with an endless no-win sorta war/ police action...

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=f3d7282e51354c98af0d95287631f3ab This link reveals a potential escalation of the Russian aggression . Russia is now moving their military into position to attack Finland . Everyone has their own opinion but from my perspective can see this becoming a full nuke exchange bringing on a nuclear winter . From my position on the planet see the nuclear winter being more of a threat than the explosions and fallout . At least looking at the bright side , those of us who would enjoy a depopulated planet may get to experience that utopia ,

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is an about 5 minute video on what preppers can expect . After surviving the blasts and nuclear dust the next challenge will be nuclear winter . Honestly I think my tribe could survive all three . Likely there wouldn't be many survivors on the planet . Luckly for my group our property joins another very serious prepper group so combined repopulation of the earth could begin .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    isn't that the truth , Vietnam, Afghanistan,

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The war on poverty

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We won the war on poverty...if the objective was to make some already pretty well to do people into rich people.

The problem along with the thieves is that in general the people that we are trying to help are all to often not poor but lazy and usless. If a person is healthy and not menally impared to the point of being a moron then we need to offer them a job. If they won't work let them starve and if they won't take care of their kids put them in prison and offer them the opportunity to work and help suport ther kids...or starve to death there. We need to learn that as a nation that you CAN NOT help someone that will NOT help themselves.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=622e15e68371461dbce49a70986a54b8 --- Like on the attached link , I do not rule out a possible world war 3 with all the nuclear trimmings . Just taking an ostrich attitude is simply not in my personality . Whether it escalates to that level , I don't know but simply proclaiming it will not happen is not my mindset . Of course as we all know the follow up effects of an nuclear exchange is a drop in our planet's temperature . Those already living in a extreme cold environment wouldn't likely survive unless they could somehow reach a warmer part of the planet .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in a small country like the UK nuclear war just isnt survivable, it wouldnt take many missiles to bracket the whole country, even out here in the rural areas where there are no military or govt targets just a few small shops and fields of sheep fallout if not a direct hit would be a problem, just saw a tv program last night about the dinosaurs being wiped out by a meteor and the fallout from that lasted a decade, a decade without sun is not survivable.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Kim Oversees N.Korea's 12th Missile Launch This Year 'To Improve Tactical Nukes'"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...th-missile-launch-year-improve-tactical-nukes

"KCNA described that 'new-type tactical guided weapon... is of great significance in drastically improving the firepower of the frontline long-range artillery units and enhancing the efficiency in the operation of tactical nukes,' while noting Kim Jong-un had overseen the launch in person.

"The state media report added it was part of 'important instructions on further building up the defense capabilities and nuclear combat forces of the country'.

upload_2022-4-17_18-30-19.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18333382/putin-parkinsons-rumours-seen-gripping-table/--- Here we are , Joe Biden and Kamila Harrison both mentally deraigned with control of starting a " nuclear exchange " . Here we are with a faltering and mentally deraigned Puttin on the other side with control of starting a " nuclear exchange ". Both opponents getting more deraigned with each passing day . Here we are the average every day citizen with no control or ability to stop the deraigned from launching a " nuclear exchange " . Some people adopt the ostrich mentality and simply go into denial . Others face all SHTF possible scenarios . The above link may be something the nuclear war deniers may want to skip watching .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This biden has zero say in anything going on in the White House or anywhere else. When his mind wanders off during one of his set-up interviews, he himself talks about what he is allowed to say and what he is not allowed to say. Biden doesn't exist.

Putin however, is still at the helm ... at least for now. Putin has cronies who wield a whole lot of financial power in Russia.

If Putin has some disorder like Parkinson's, then that disorder and the medications from that disorder can cause massive behavioral issues -- not something the world needs considering the fellow has his finger on the nuclear trigger.

https://medshadow.org/features-devastating-side-effects-of-parkinsons-drugs/#

"After examining 2.7 million reports of drug reactions submitted to an FDA database between 2003 and 2012, researchers published a study in JAMA Internal Medicine that independently corroborated that a disproportionate number of people living with PD have reported impulse control disorders.

"The study results reflect that although dopamine medications (such as Mirapex, Requip and Neupro) are essential to treating Parkinson’s Disease (PD), the challenge is to find a balance between high and low levels of dopamine. Long-term exposure to dopamine medications, especially dopamine agonists (DAs), can cause a hypersensitivity to dopamine. The body overreacts, and this in turn can lead to an impulse control disorder (ICD) — a group of behaviors that includes gambling, uncontrollable shopping, compulsive eating, a sudden obsession with sex, punding (stereotypic, complex, and repetitive behavior involving meaningless activities) — as well as a related disorder, excessive daytime sleepiness."

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=c216e87c6b2f44d7b902e4a732ddc88c --- Preparing for the worst should be on preppers minds not just some inconvenience . Those that thought a cat 5 hurricane was bad and only prepared to the level of sustaining through such as that until power was restored , will perish . Before someone gets their drawers in a wad , I have been through many hurricanes as I used to live close to the Gulf of Mexico . I am just saying that pales in comparison to a nuclear war . -- One huge difference is after the bombs have stopped and the radiation has subsided , there will be no one coming to the rescue , to restore electricity or deliver food or water to any that may have survived .

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do think Putin is not only crazy but seriously and maybe terminally ill, there are reports of him having anything from Cancer to Parkinsons and his face seems puffy maybe through steroid use.
    maybe Ukraine was one last war before he succumbs to his fate, anything is possible, he is probably so far gone that pushing the nuclear button seems normal to him.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I see on another forum someone stated that in any sort of nuclear exchange it would take anything between 1 -4 years for the atmosphere to clear back to normal levels.

22. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=ae473c090bfe4952a2d62f52a0b0c0a5 --- It appears just like Puttin wasn't bluffing about the possibility that Russia would invade Ukraine , the above comment may also not be a bluff . The possibility of a nuclear World War 3 is very real . If this unfolds many even in the prepper community will not survive as they may reside in the nuke strike zone or simply are not prepared to survive a SHTF situation of this magnitude . The likelihood of a full blown nuclear exchange started by a mad man becomes higher with each passing day . --- One question remains if this scenario unfolds will the mad man attack all the countries he imagines are his enemy at once or will he target one country at a time ? My guess is he will be crazy enough and confident enough in his massive nuclear arsenal to attack multiple countries at once . -- Enjoy each day like it may be your last .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- Yes the chatter of a nuclear World War 3 has increased drastically over the last few days on other forums . Preppers are beginning to leave the denial mentality of there ever being a Nuclear War and realizing it is a real possibility . Unfortunately for many preppers they never took prepping serious enough to pack their families up years ago and move to a area where survivability of a nuclear conflict was realistic .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...c41308a6154c7a0046259&fullscreen=true#image=1 In the world crises that is still at this time remaining only a potential reality , the United States Government has now released to its citizens what to do if Puttin begins a Nuclear War . On the above link which includes a series of pictures , click on the right of the picture to read the instructions for the citizens to follow . Some of the instructions are about as ridiculous as the ones they gave in the 60's . I hope you guys are prepared better than what it depicts . --- One interesting statement on the link , it claims 80% of the radioactive fallout will leave in about 24 hours after the explosion .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=5d821856d799466685cf7375d47f8fa9 --- Another warning from a mad man . This time the threat is toward Great Britian . At this point it appears a Nuclear World War 3 is very near . For any that reside where they don't wish to be during a Nuclear Apocalypse may want to consider taking a long vacation and evacuate to their idea of a survivable location . Pack up heavy like you may never return .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Fallout will be more of a problem in my area that an actual blast, targets will be the big cities and govt facilities, nothing much here but farms and farm livestock. I got out of a city nearly a quarter of a century ago and nothing would ever induce me to go back.

27. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As a prepper , whether World War 3 , is about to start or not , I prepare for the worst . For the last few days and again in a few hours when dawn breaks , I will be hauling firewood . Another day or two on the firewood hauling should provide me with enough firewood for the next winter . I plan to put up extra wood this time in case we do enter a nuke exchange . Getting it now will be a lot easier than if I have to pull out my two man cross cut saws due to fuel stations being no more .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    my motto has always been "prepare for the worst and hope for the best".
    prepping for me is an on going task, it never ends.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I looked up maps of military targets during a nuclear exchange. Hitting core military sites and taking-out intel satellites are first-strike targets. Population centers are lower priority. Neither of the following maps for the United States are complete, so I've included two maps to better cover the actual number. Still, the US has bunches of places to hit -- for instance, key industries. We have manufacturing sites that cannot be allowed to continue -- in particular, weapons manufacturing sites that produce unimaginable quantities of explosives and military devices. I know these places and some folk who work there and during a nuclear war, these will be hit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Any safe places to live if a nuclear war only involves military targets? Even if only military targets are hit, Earth's northern hemisphere will be a nasty place -- still, if you've got your iodine tablets ... maybe you could make it.

The following maps indicate some "safe" places. I would call these places "sort'a-kind'a safe-ish".

In the following map, Americans should AVOID the red areas. Yellow areas, I'd call, "maybe".

[​IMG]

Surprisingly, I found a map for England.

[​IMG]

Avoid being downrange of where military bunkers and silos are located. The U.S. has all manner of places where the bunkers and silos are located. Bunker-busting nukes dig-up the earth and thus cause horrific amounts of radioactive fallout. Where the silos are located, many people are aware of; however, the bunker locations are often little known to the populace. In the USA, San Diego has at minimum seven bunkers for the Navy. In England, they're still using the bunkers in Plymouth for their Navy ... but, by definition, these are the known ones. There are the obsolete ones, nevertheless there are the ones that have been refurbished. I was told that the Oak Ridge storage facilities were "obsolete", :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, the local Tennesseans know better.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/secrets-hidden-royal-navy-defence-6789617

http://wikimapia.org/40261023/Mount-Wise-Nuclear-Bunker

No longer called "Royal Naval Armaments Depot Ernesettle"; now called "DM Plymouth":

https://www.navylookout.com/arming-the-fleet-the-network-that-supplies-munitions-to-the-royal-navy/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    as far as the Depot at Ernesettle is concerned if that went up - even by accident- it would take most of Plymouth with it, certainly the Northern part for sure, I know because I used to live there-a quarter of a century ago.
    the only other target in Plymouth is the Naval Base at Devonport , and the Dockyard alongside-this is now in private hands not a government facility although it carries out government contracts.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    even a small nuclear exchange between lets say India and Pakistan would throw debris 50,000 feet into the air . It does not rain at that elevation. nuclear winter would happen.

For the first time in decades, it's hard to ignore the threat of nuclear war. But as long as you're far from the blast, you're safe, right? Wrong. In this sobering talk, atmospheric scientist Brian Toon explains how even a small nuclear war could destroy all life on earth -- and what we can do to prevent it. A professor in the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at the University of Colorado-Boulder, Brian Toon investigates the causes of the ozone hole, how volcanic eruptions alter the climate, how ancient Mars had flowing rivers, and the environmental impacts of nuclear war. He contributed to the U.N.’s Nobel Peace Prize for climate change and holds numerous scientific awards, including two NASA medals for Exceptional Scientific Achievement.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    it is well known that in the event of nuclear war there are NO winners, we all lose.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In 1815 Tambora, a volcano in Indonesia blew up. It was the biggest eruption and explosion in recorded history. What followed was called the year without a Summer. It snowed in Washington DC in June. People were sure that it was the end of the world. Alas though the planet recovered and life went on.

A nuclear explosion is a surface event and isn’t even in the same level as far as volume of mater thrown into the atmosphere. Even hundreds of explosions wouldn’t touch that level. The BIG difference is the radioactive dust from a nuclear explosion. THAT is, over the longrun, much more deadly.

The major killer of a world war with nuclear exchanges would be the just unimaginable number of people in the civilized countries that would starve to death if the shelves in their stores stayed empty for a couple of months. THEN can you imagine what sort of hell hole a place like New York City would be without power and the near endless train of supplies that it takes to feed them.

More and more people have gone to frozen foods over canned foods. I admit that it does taste better. The frozen food won’t last long at all without power and also cooking frozen food depends on fire of some sort.

Even after the first die off from starvation and the endless killings of people without police supervision. Winter in a major city will be impossible in the places with real winters. I’m in the south and many winters here are mild with only a handfull of days with freezing temperatures during the day. After the furniture is burned people will start taking their home apart for fire wood. Trying to steal wood our of someones yard will get you KILLED.

We as a people have become totally dependent on our modern convienences. Our homes are little better than tents without the fuels and power that is poured into them. Even places with fireplaces are little better. Modern fireplaces, at least in the South, are more for looks than heat and in most modern homes you end up with a net loss in heat in a home. All that heat flowing up the chimney means that there is cold air being sucked into the house somewhere. The only warm place is right in front and near the fire.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Digger nukes dig-up the earth and create fallout. Air bursts burn-away / blow-away humans and a lot of surface buildings.

Explosive volcanoes are the quintessential ground burst when it comes to throwing huge chunks of the earth into the upper atmosphere.

Tambora:

https://www.wowshack.com/12-facts-1815-eruption-tambora-will-blow-mind

"The largest eruption ever properly recorded with an explosion, equivalent to 800 megatons of TNT."

upload_2022-5-19_17-3-35.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TexDam made many good points on his above post . Too for into the colder parts of the planet will result in horrific living conditions . They may survive the blast only too face starvation and freezing temperatures . In the high populated areas they will face rampaging humans as they see their families starve . A medium between the extremes , in my opinion would give someone the best chance for survival .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    An international nuclear war will be a human ending event. Between the radiation, blast debris and all the smoke for burning cities, forests and vehicles. a long term winter is almost guaranteed. Granted Mother Nature will eventually clean up the planet, but I doubt many if any humans will survive. Those that don't die from exposure, will starve to death or be killed by other desperate humans. As others have posted, there are no winner in a nuclear war. Only the dead and dying will be around for the end.

lonewolf likes this.