Ny Times With Its Confederate History

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jul 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Confederacy during America's first civil war was composed of Democrats. (My father's family's area of the South was Republican, i.e. pro-Lincoln and anti-slavery. We quartered Union troops, particularly those wounded in battle and helped slaves escape their Democrat "masters".) In the communist re-write of history, the pro-slavery party, the Democratic Party, must be white-washed (do excuse the pun).

"GOP Lawmakers Demand Pentagon Stop Removal of Confederate Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery"

https://www.amren.com/news/2023/12/...rate-memorial-in-arlington-national-cemetery/

"House Republicans are aiming to block the Pentagon from removing a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery.

"A group of GOP lawmakers led by Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., wrote a letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Monday demanding he keep the Reconciliation Monument, also known as the Confederate Memorial, in place until the end of the fiscal year 2024 appropriations process.

"The monument was slated for removal by the Pentagon’s Naming Commission, a panel tasked with renaming and removing military installations named after the Confederacy in the wake of the summer 2020 Black Lives Matter protests."

========================

OldGzr: Throughout history, slavery is born of centralized power. Disarm them, then rape them.

Blitz likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    These videos are really interesting. It's incredibly sad though, that a country fights against each other, instead of being united.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we had our own English civil war (1642-1651) so the USA is not unique in that respect.

Blitz likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I had forgotten that. What was that one about? Catholics v Protestants or something or other?

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Parliament vs The King.

Blitz likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. I do love English history. There's so much of it though, I have forgotten most of it. I'll have to brush up, just for interest sake.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes British history goes back thousands of years, even more if you consider the pre history of these islands.

Blitz likes this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Sure does! Unlike Australia or the US of A. English history is so interesting. I used to be a member of the ... God what was it called ... the Heritage whatever. (Can't remember). You pay for a yearly pass and get to go to a lot of different Trust properties absolutely dripping with history. And don't get me started on castles! I loved visiting so many when over there. The guides offer such interesting pieces from history. Absolutely fascinating!

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I expect you mean The National Trust or maybe English Heritage.
    not my thing really, I prefer nature to properties unless they are old rural cottages and smallholdings.

Blitz likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Yes! The English Heritage and the National Trust! Thanks for reminding me!

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont like The National Trust they are getting too woke.