Nylon Pouches, Packs In Tropics !

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 17, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...n/news-story/c71c56cff9480efd53a334e559e13cd9

Good evening all,

Per ...

Article about Malaysia coming off lockdown. When shopping centers opened, mold on leather goods eg shows, bags.

Thus, for the tropics max out use of nylon canvas stuff.

SIDEBAR: Varuna; Are the anti-mildew/anti-mold sprays readily available for the leather boots, Etc ?

Never could appreciate leather seats in cars/pickups down here. Heavy humidity soon arriving....and the sprays and saddle soap are ready....nut I'll be busy with trying to keep out the hurricanes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    There is even anti-mildew / mold in pressurized aerosol can, typically for automotive dashboard & seat.

Anyway its kinda surprise me that shopping mall in Malaysia fully powered down their AC during the lockdown thus triggering the growth of mold. In contrast to the situation here, shopping mall are open during lockdown albeit with limited business hours and other adjustment pertinent to the public health protocol.

When your driving around in European E / F / S segment vehicle, only real leather will do justice. Otherwise nobody here going to buy it

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Varuna,

Appreciate info. Thank you.

I,too, wondered why they turned off the A/C. Some of the refrigeration systems used instead of A/C have "trickle" level adjustments for minimal electric use but enough to protect merchandise, etc.

Believe the ruined shoes in article - from fading memory - were in KK, Borneo. This tells much.

I've got some of those mentioned aerosol cans. After this tropical storm fringes leaves area will be getting boots and a couple of leather cases for instruments sprayed for the pending mold arriving here with the humidity.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Exactly. The type of AC in those shopping mall also can't be instantly flipped on / off like home AC does.

Talking about humidity and what water could do to an autovehicle, I fully remember the repair bill for a half submerged W213 E-Class was in par to the price of an entry level Japanese made car :mad: Those European dealership sure love to ripping off their customer :mad:

TMT Tactical likes this.