Oddest landmarks you had to follow on a trail?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 9, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    During my trip through the mountains, my instructor, who led the group (we were in 3's, and a few miles between each other), had to place landmarks for us to follow to the communities and houses located deep in the mountains, and she used trees, leaves, and one time even a pile of cow feces to create an "arrow" pointing at the right direction. She was a real trekker, and I really enjoyed going through the trail with her taking the lead. What about you guys?

2. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I remember a time when I had hot lost in a coastal city and was a first time visitor there unaccompanied. I didnt note any landmark in the course of my settling and had to trouble alot of people trying to find my bearing. I have come to learn the necessity of identifying landmarks preferably those which are older due to the fact that most people are acquainted with them.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Probably the oddest landmark I ever stumble across is with animal bones arranged in a weird way. At first, I thought of some kind of ritualistic symbol or something, but It was not but a mere trail made for a bored guy.