Ok This Is North Carolina

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Robin Caudle, Jan 29, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Robin Caudle

Robin Caudle Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Lets use it not lose it, if you are in North Carolina lets here from you.

Me personally I am in Gaston, Northampton County.

2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My mom was raised up in a hollar in Mitchel County, North Carolina. In the 1920's when she was born, Spruce Pine was the major metropolitan area (OK, wide place in the road).

3. mizzy

mizzy Expert Member
      151/173

Blog Posts:
    Hi am in Hickory, nc

4. TCinNC

TCinNC Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    Probably no surprise, TCinNC is in NC, Raleigh to be exact. There seems to be a prepper group in this area, as well as a state-wide one, but not very active. I found a few variations of "prepper" groups (search for prepper, survival, guns, etc) on meetup, and one in particular focused on bushcraft, which should be of high interest to many. Unfortunately, and inexplicably, all of the meetings have been taken over by some psycho-babble group guiding the elderly in their "journey". At first I though this was code for something -- now I know it's just nonsense. So much for meetup standards of having the group title match the area of interest! But maybe you'll have better luck in Gaston, Spruce Pine, Hickory, etc. Anyway, good to hear from others in NC, even if it's only online rather than in person.

5. se'kunchance

se'kunchance Expert Member
      151/173

Blog Posts:
    Hickory, NC here...

6. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Hello my North Carolinian brothers and sisters! I'm just across the border into South Carolina. How's it going up there?

7. TCinNC

TCinNC Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    Hey Nomad Will good to hear that SC has someone on board. NC seems a bit asleep, haven't really connected with anyone active the field. I was recently in an emergency prep training class for two days with a woman who went on and on about how she actively preps and is part of a group right here! Of course I discussed my background and then asked who she was with, but she refused to give me a direct answer. I found it strange that someone would talk so much about it, then clam up when asked for info. So much going on globally that I'm shocked it's so hard to find an active group.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I have friends in Edenton, Moyock and Kitty Hawk. North Carolina is a nice state, but I hate your taxes. Too much like Virginia in that regard imo.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Yeah it's been real quiet in SC too.. Guess everyone is in hiding lol.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all - from neighbor in Virginia.

It's not a lack of interest; it's a lack of leadership.

Plot out the above mentioned cities on a map. Look for a convenient, safe meeting place - and MEET. Not too much occurs on the web.

Only days ago, I was near Mitchal County, North Carolina. It's close to Bristol, Virginia.

Get something started...anticipate a large gathering being 2-3. Continue with meetings (real meetings: intros, 3-4 short subject-matter presentations, some handout articles, etc)

The nation is preparing and the place is loaded with human trash interfering with prep. Regardless: Prep, prep, prep.

Addendum: I would drive to Raleigh before even considering Moyock. I am too old to transit the Dehydration Chamber - the Hampton Roads tunnel.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.wataugademocrat.com/new...cle_5d96d69a-02a4-55ed-910f-664c5b263780.html

Good afternoon neighbors in N.C.,

Above link is most appropriate for your records. The Boone N.C. state insurance office can assist you'all in finding the next scheduled meeting.

These meetings are ideal for both learning and for "mingling" so as to get an org started. Plus, the meeting is probably in a place with air conditioning - unless you're in training for a summer GOOD. Here, a bit north of you, I feel like I'm back in Bangladesh.

Hope link helps.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  12. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    It'd be cool to meet up with some people.

TMT Tactical likes this.