Olden Slavery And Today's Resolution

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 18, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53087790

Good morning all,

Per ...

After the "minor" sea skirmishs with the British and French, the US had its first major war with the Barbary states - not the pirates: the states. The Barbary barbarians were capturing the crews of US merchant ships and placing them in slavery.

Yet, Lloyd's of London won't apologize.

Dr Katie Donington is wrong. Economics justified slavery. Much same-race slavery throughout the world.

The Royal Bank of Scotland linked to slavery ?! Tell me it's a joke !

Next, BBC will report that the US Army's Quartermaster Corps had property inventories of saddles, flintlocks, slaves, ......

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Please pardon my rant, but I am going off the wire. JMHO but I for one am sick of hearing this BS. History is history; over; done with; nothing anyone can do to change. I had nothing to do with it, and I am not apologizing for it. Get over it and move on.

The entire planet is rife with vanquished peoples. Let's see how many I can remember. Alexander the Great; Julius Caesar; Genghis Kahn; The Vikings; The Muslims; Napoleon; Hitler. Anybody else try to conquer the world? The sun never set on the British Empire. Spanish conquest of the New World. European colonization of Africa. The eradication of Native American Indians, and other indigenous peoples. Nobody is proud of it, but that is what happened.

All of this feigned outrage for social justice is total Bull SxxT! People trying to extort money for some contrived injustice from those who work to give to those who don't, and do not deserve one penny. If they are so outraged over slavery go to the Sudan where it is still in practice. Stop the sex trade, and human trafficking. Do something that matters. Don't just stand on a pulpit and preach; or write idiotic articles that mean nothing.

O.K. I am back. Off the soap box now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan,

You clearly summarized the matter: "extort money ... ".

Large scale government and government-sanctioned slavery ended here at the beginning of the 20th century. Some of the descendants of slaves have socio-economic problems caused by factors other than their ancestry. Getting as much "schooling" as possible (Many no-cost opportunities here), not having one of more babies as an unmarried teen, the other stuff done by those who are in decent socio-economic shape and still with a slavery ancestry, ...

I've taken the courses on human trafficking. At emergency shelter parking lots, the observant can see the slave masters. The big slave fields now are illegal immigrants and sex slaves.

Again, a good, to the point, post. Merci.

TMT Tactical likes this.