One choice

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by VARGRWOLF, Feb 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. VARGRWOLF

VARGRWOLF Well-Known Member
      75/93

Blog Posts:
    If you could only take one item into the wilderness, what would that item be and why. Discribe that item and its characteristics. List how that one item could help you survive . I'm not stating mine yet because I want to see your answers.

2. Anaconda

Anaconda Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Machete! ( Would be nice to have a file too) The machete can cut trees , clean fish and game, dig holes, whittle wood, make other weapons or tools, be a weapon .... well just so many things.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:

4. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Questiin ? Does anyone have a catus jack tactical assault bag with a rifle holder ??? Is it a bag worth buying ?

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:

6. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    One choice would be gramps ww1 us m1917 knuckle duster unreal little weapon. Very rare and costly to find GOOD LUCK TO TRY TO FIND

7. VARGRWOLF

VARGRWOLF Well-Known Member
      75/93

Blog Posts:
    Ok it been long enough. By far my number one item would be a large fixed blade knife.
    First, it can be used to build shelter.
    Second, process kindling and construct a bow drill to create fire, thus enabling cooking food,boiling water. Hunting and skinning game is also a very important use. If anyone has another idea, other than a large strong fixed blade I'd like to hear it. No other single item can do all of the for mentioned things alone.

8. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I just got ad for teepee tent from sportsman guide for under 100bucks looks like a great tent for price 10x10 size waterproof windows floor check it out !!!!

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Machette (Ontario brand )
    Weapon, tool, fire starter, spade
    Can dig can build can kill can dress can make fire to cook
    I can and have built a covered foxhole with an earthen fireplace, dry warm and hidden

10. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Becker knife.

11. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    A knife is still the wisest choice. You always used to see men with a pocket knife. Why? Because they are so handy for a wide number of uses. Yes, to whittle--there's your entertainment, along with knife throwing contests, of course. But knives are weapons, so you could use them for self-defense, both human and animal, and they would be useful for skinning animals for food, shelter and clothing. They can be used to catch, clean and filet fish. They can be used to make traps and set up camp. They can be used to cut hair and whiskers. They can be used to score trees in order to not lose your path. They can be used to make marks on trees or rocks or other surfaces to keep a primitive calendar. I'm sure this is not an exhaustive list.

12. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I would take a pistol. The reason why is that it would provide of with a ready source of food as you would be able to capture various wild bucks with ease by killing them in a humane, painless manner. A pistol would invariably provide protection from wild animals like lions and buffaloes etc and you will even be able to counter thugs and other security contingencies. It is portable and would dramatically boost my confidence in the wild.

13. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    What I'd take — a wilderness survival book.

Assuming I don't have the knowledge on how to survive in the wilderness I could use the knowledge I glean from the book to survive. Men have survived with nothing unforgiving environments so without weapons or tools anyone can but with knowledge you cut out trial and error and that means you could make it out alive.

14. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I'm with the others who said a knife or machete. You can hack stuff down with a sharp knife or sword (trees, animals, people). The knife can be a weapon, a tool for cooking, for building settling, for prying things open (like oysters)... there are a number of possibilities that make a knife rather handy.