Oregon Truckers Converge On State Capitol In Protest Of Hb202 And Support Of Senators

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Jun 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Oh they care, they have been screwed over by the environmentalist for many, many decades. All the false prediction will not make the planet die off but it will certainly let more corrupt politicians get their grubby paws on more tax payer money. Keith, when you have gotten rid of all your fossil fuel burning equipment, gotten rid of your solar panels, and all the other man made polluting materials, then I will pay more attention to your dire warning.

4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    "Cap and Trade" is an invisible tax on the US middle class. The program will show up on the commodities markets.

The collected invisible tax will not be allocated for environmental enhancements. TRUST ME.

5. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree that the money gained from carbon tax is most unlikely to be used to save the planet. The only fossil fuel burning equipment we have is transport. I am getting rid of my ute, & we use the truck as little as possible. Until an electric 4WD is made, or the government stops charging us a land tax for living on our own property, then we NEED transport to get into the city to earn money. Unlike the loggers my wife's employment is not adding to climate change.
    Why on earth you think we should get rid of our alternate power source I have no idea, it would serve no purpose & not help stabilize climate change at all.
    We don't have any more man made polluting materials, we avoid foods in plastic wrap & we grow most of our own food. We only purchase liquids in glass bottles & we recycle. We are off grid & all services, we use composting toilets & collect our own water in tanks. We live in & maintain a forest, which cancels out ALL of our carbon footprint.
    Keith.

6. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith, those are all excuses. If you absolutely believe in the climate change being man mad and at a critical stage, get rid of ALL your man made devices, auto, solar panels, wind turbines, everything you did not make using just your materials found in on on your land. No more fires as that pollutes too. The point I am making, is do not point your fingers at others, simply because they have not dropped down to your level of pollution. You can drop lower, simply by walking every where and carry all your own loads. Look into the pollution caused to make your solar panels, or steel pots and pans or any metal products. How about the electronics you use to communicate on this forum, no carbon used to make them either? You are a good and kind man but you cannot help the situation by telling other what they need to believe. 30 year ago the wise men were saying the world was going to end in 20 years. kind of tough to buy into that missed boat. Weather does change and will continue to change, even long after the last man has sailed away into space. We can do the chicken little routine but it will change nothing.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry mate but you have been misinformed & you have got it all wrong. What has been made in the past using grid power is obviously already made, it is no longer adding a carbon footprint. Burning wood in some cases say many people in the city would cause smoke pollution, but wood is NOT a fossil fuel, so it does not add to climate change. Even if those truckers stopped using their trucks it would not stabilize climate change at its present level, but the pitty is that the majority of the people & the government refuse to do anything to try & stabilize climate change. Before the end of this century we COULD see TEOTWAWKI, & then it will be too late to do anything.
    Loggers & coal mine workers should be retraining in alternative power. This should have been done at least 40 years ago, but now we have left it too late to stabilize climate change without taking drastic action.
    Do you honestly think getting rid of my steel pots will make any difference to our environment???!!! What we need to be doing is producing more solar equipment using solar power, NOT using coal power! My family is doing all it can to reduce our carbon footprint, & we have achieved that without getting rid of our cooking utensils!!! Our carbon footprint is NIL.
    Enough said.
    Keith.

8. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    How is the raw material going to be excavated from the ground, certainly not by solar power. You still continue to add to the pollution as long as you drive / operate any mechanical equipment. You feel it is acceptable for you to drive your vehicle when it is convenient for you but not for the truckers to earn a living. If we suddenly stopped all coal production in the world. snapped our fingers and it was done, what would the people in the turd world countries do for heating, cooking, production or electricity? You keep playing tune that nobody wants or can afford to dance too. So it is okay for you to have solar panels because the harm is already been done but not for future people that will want solar panels? Your concept requires a massive skip in current technology. Where the fossil fueled manufacturing and material harvest is performed by a technology that is not on line. So either folks drop what they are doing now and revert to a living standard lower than your current living standard or the world is going to come to an end. I really wish you luck in selling that idea. There is absolutely no way that you could every change the way countries deal with your fossil fuel belief. if every countries government agreed with you and decided to stop all use of fossil fuel tomorrow, by the next day, they would all have been all been over thrown and new politicians would be installed. You and the other climate change folks are tilting at windmills. If you are right, it is still too little, too late. If you are wrong and we the other half are right, then we have saved ton of tax payer money and kept a few more politician from getting richer off tax payer money. So it is okay that you have added to the climate problem because you have already limited your carbon foot print by having already purchased and procured the items that contributed to the current carbon crisis? Sound like you got yours but want every else to do without.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Keith,

Wood is not a fossil fuel - but cutting down forests for the wood does indeed affect aspects of climate such as water runoff patterns. Think of the Amazon forest in Brazil.

Sometimes NOT trying to interfere with the climate represents goodness to some governments. I've already mentioned here India's and China's extensive use of coal. Polluted air is much more desirable than large-scale riots.

Labor economics and labor politics govern retraining loggers and coal miners. Would you commit yourself to move to Canberra, ACT to work the labor portfolio ?

Alternative power like solar is slowly growing out of its research stages. Here, the american public do not want it ... at least not wanting to pay for it.

cc: Board of Governors, Club of Rome ("We're running out of food, ... out of petroleum, the sky is falling")

10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith may have a point . Maybe here in the United States we should quite burning fossil fuels to defend other countries , feeding failed economies of other countries . Just stop exporting food to starving people . The fossil fuel being burned to deliver that food across the oceans has to be enormous . We should also stop buying any products coming from other countries . The fossil fuel burned importing goods has to be huge . We can just let the people living in impoverished failed countries die . Just the gas reduction by letting millions of people die will help the planet . We should also stop ALL manufacturing . Now if we can get all the countries to follow this plan us preppers will have the planet all to ourselves .

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  11. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Wow!!!

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    by poltiregist.....

These ships used to deliver food and other goods need to be converted to sail or solar power....

Makes sense to me.!!!

The food might spoil but the environmentalists/climate changers will be satisfied....that's all that counts.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

13. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I am assuming it was hyperbole to prove a point. The sad fact is that if we did do those actions, millions would die which would help the environment. Since I don't buy the AGW arguments, I see no reason to condemn millions for nothing.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  14. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    You are right Sonoliberty . I just wanted to make the point on how ridiculous some of these , lets save the planet ideas are . As you correctly pointed out , The planet is way past the point in fossil fuel dependency supporting the vast population to be able to cut back without a vast amount of people dieing

TMT Tactical likes this.