Ororo Heated Vests And Jackets

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by Pragmatist, Sep 24, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/adventure/a34146238/ororo-heated-vests-and-jackets/

Good evening all,

Per ...

For some Preppers this battery-heated vest can be practical. For some others, it won't work.

Am not familiar with the 7.4 volt battery. My focus would be less on the warmth provided by the vest and more so with the battery, it's recharging dock and the rest of the power recharging.

Personally, my main "concern" is warmth of the pods. Don't like electric socks since I am also the washer of them.

For Preppers, do think out if outdoor use such as for hikes could be more than 10 hours.

I've been on "hikes" more than 10 hours. They were not elective events.

Still, we've got many variables among us Preppers. Worth checking out the garment and doing a "R.O.I" - Return On Investment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    What the weight of that vest? :confused: Does it lighter (battery included) or heavier compare to a more conventional solution such as clothing layering? The article doesn't said anything regarding the type of battery it use other than 7.4V. IF that vest use more readily available cell form such as 18650 that might work well due to economy of scale.

I've been envisioned this kind of clothing for a while albeit in the form of underwear / base layer. That can do both cooling & heating and has impact protection paddings. Unfortunately I'm not in the fashion or textile industry.

Now if only there is a plate carrier system that can do cooling that would-be awesome. Wearing plate carrier with both plate inserted (front & back sans side plates) is asking for a heat stroke even for native tropical guy like me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Didn't see anything in ther article on weight.

Personally, I will remain with the conventional layering system.

I'm not crossing any creeks or rivers - either by wading/walking or on a small boat or raft with electric socks, electric vest, electric jacket and the attached battery regardless of type.

A plate system has specific uses. For a Prepper, at the response time, injuries might also have occured. Besides heat stroke, one needs to be in good shape just for the weight.

TMT Tactical likes this.