Outdoor Barricade

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by poltiregist, Jul 19, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Some are planning to bug out , some plan to hold up inside a structure but for those planning to confront the invaders head on they may be planning to construct a barrier to protect their area . What do you have available you would be willing to use as a barrier on your property or to seal a road off . Whatever you use may be saturated with bullet holes .

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Timber from our forest trees. We will construct a palisade around both houses thick enough that bullets will not get through to the inside, & tall enough that they can not be climbed over. These will also encompass our main gardens so that we may work in safety.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  3. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is an area I fall short . There is only nine houses on my dirt dead end road with three of those houses being our group . Sealing off the entire road would be the most ideal thing to do in my way of thinking . I do have a roll of razor wire but that doesn't stop bullets .

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Don't wanna have your enemy use your barricade.

Make a perfect-looking fiberglass boulder "barrier". Your enemy hides behind the "boulder". You shoot through the "bolder", ... or hollowed-out tree stump -- put a 4 inch section of trunk on top of the hollow trunk so that the stump will look solid.

You got a real barricade or boulder or whatever that your enemy can use as cover? Booby-trap the other side of it. Your enemy closes in, flip the switch, tear them in half, burn them, whatever. Use your imagination. Put a timber rattlesnake in a box with a remotely-controlled lid opener; put the box in the ground on the enemy's side of the barrier. Flip the lid and your enemy will flip their lid, or maybe take a fanged bite to the groin. You'll likely get their attention. Once the enemy comes out from behind the cover, you can leaden their resolve.

If your enemy is in the basement ... with your concealed vat of granular drain cleaner, send a gallon of vinegar (or whatever other acid) into that vat -- that'll give your enemy something unique to breathe. Need I say that you had better have access to filtered or tanked air?! If the enemy tries to go up the steps, then set off your staircase booby-traps. Or, remotely pull loose the supporting timbers of the stairs and let the enemy fall down on the sharpened rebar you have embedded in concrete and left sticking straight up.

The enemy with broken legs, burned skin hanging from raw meat, blinded eyes, these are a few of my favorite things.

5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      385/460

Blog Posts:
    not really sure but maybe some old campers stacked up with same sand bags, hay wagons turned on their sides, barrels filled with rocks, stacks of tires filled with rocks and dirt. I'm not really sure but a scout or two keeping a eye on things a few miles out or so would be prudent.

6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I like that tire and barrel idea .

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  7. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    nothing yet, but I have planned a big ditch dug around the castle, and tall timbers at the top of the ditch. It's just an idea.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    A stack of tires filled with good loamy soil provides a home to growing potatoes. Likely stop a bullet also.

9. randyt

385/460

Blog Posts:
    save your feed sacks to reuse into sand bags, may have to cut them in half so they can be handled but they are free.

10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I can say for certain a dirt filled tire will stop a bullet because that is what I use as a backstop for my 308 cal. bullets . I just have not considered such a set up to form a barricade to take cover behind .

11. Schattentarn

Schattentarn Expert Member
      148/115

Blog Posts:
    Dirt, earth, stops bullets. Anyway this can be done, berm, earth filled tires, wood with dirt filling, works great. I just wonder about taking on invaders AT YOUR HOUSE rather than at some point a bit further away where you can make the terrain work for you.

poltiregist and Radar like this.
  12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    A lot of really good idea's. Old Geezer is almost as evil minded as I am. Scary. LOL

Sonofliberty and Radar like this.
  13. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

(Yes, I stole that joke. But then, so did the comedian who told the joke. And Milton Berle stole all of his jokes.)

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  14. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Why evil? Me, I'm never going to initiate violence (for starters, I'm too lazy). Others are bringing violence to me and my loved ones. No one is going to harm my family if I can help it. Threatening to do so would instantly cause me to revert to our wolf-being. The rapacity of the wolf is part of its creation. Me too. God considers His creation of the scorpion as pure beauty.

My anger and ongoing hatred of useless, evil people is without boundary. I'll do banged-up sh## to aggressors that will make Satan puke. I'll nail the monster's forehead to a telephone pole as a little happy note to his friends so that they might witness the depth of my loving care. And I've finished my lunch while watching a man die. I am actually a rather nice guy. Only sometimes I am not.

15. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Looking back on my bayou years...I remembered how there wasn't much crime in bayou country like there was when I lived in the city.

We had a natural built-in barricade: the bad boys were afraid of snakes, gators, and Cajuns!

OzgrhTXox3qHcp_njeR7OmdxGUhCG184.jpeg via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  16. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    As King of the Reptiles (another time at another forum) I have to love your yard dogs. Such quality critters that are nice enough to take the remains away.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  17. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    what invaders? your basic looters are all urbanites.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Eventually when I find and purchase some land and get my Ideal bug out location set up, I'll use the natural terrain and nature as my barricade. Blend in with the trees, brush, shrubs, stumps, logs, etc. No bright colors, or something to set me apart from the surroundings.

If I have any neighbors, they might notice me, but any city folk or outsiders would be more confused and lost than anything. "Urbanites" as lonewolf said. (I like that term! ;))

19. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Wait just a minute, you aren't suggesting something like a programmable DTMF controlled relay board connected to a walkie talkie, and connecting electric matches like those used in professional firework shows to the relays? So you could ignite the electric matches by sending the 4-digit DTMF sequence you programmed for that particular relay from a different radio? Guess you'd power everything off a 12v battery, put it all inside a weatherproof enclosure like a coffee can, so you could set them off from up to miles away?

95e00bdca2ef011c5c2250534028ab48.jpeg

That's pure evil, what a sick and twisted mind you must have Old Geezer.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  20. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lone Wolf,

In this area all human trash are not urbanites. Some are locals. Their preparedness is leisure and shopping so as to enhance their leisure.

In an outright emergency with the public sector is stressed-out these locals along with the urbanite trash just might seek more than food and water. I know they like outboard boat engines, gateraid go carts ,especially Bobcat ATV series, cash, even retina and blood platelets - whatever can be carried away.

The nearby referenced preventive measures won't work here. The mid-Atlantic coastal area is loaded with all categories of groups with paramilitary backgrounds. I know of an instance where someone had 12 Doberman Pincher dogs. Poison gas can eliminate them really fast. Ditto poison gases used against reptiles and other life with respiratory systems....but NOT discussing mosquitoes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the area where I live is very quiet, its is relatively crime free, any crime is Domestically related.
    living in a place where everyone knows everyone else, they know where you live and where you work, it tends to cut out any "naughty business" and the same will apply post collapse, we will still know who they are and where they live.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would NEVER delve into, nor heaven forbid, suggest such! Those guys who send up little solid fuel rockets and use electric matches they bought at a brick and mortar hobby shop with cash are six sigma crazy.
    da3567a43d419eab8a81985a857c5651.png da3567a43d419eab8a81985a857c5651.jpeg

Now as to my diagnosis, OK so one -- ONLY ONE -- member of that team of doctors stated that he believed that I have Twisted Mind Syndrome with Sick Component.

What's with you, GateCrasher?! You got some sort'a amoebic brain infection? The only people who would think such thoughts are the dain bread and the crazy end-of-world tinfoil hat wearers.

TMT Tactical and GateCrasher like this.
  23. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This week in lab, was tossing items we'll never use. Found adorable little circuit board with air flow manifold; had tiny bank of solenoids controlling the valves. The cute board had aluminum millings and brass millings. Adorable, adorable, adorable, however it is massively obsolete and we'll never use it.

This assembly was the EXACT same size as the cute little board in your photograph. Instead of controlling electrical flow, it controls pressurized air flow. In my mind, I put the two boards side by side and it gives me smile.

I kept the obsolete assembly.

TMT Tactical and GateCrasher like this.
  24. GateCrasher

247/345

Blog Posts:
    Nah, just thinking out loud before finishing my first cup of coffee. If normal folk like us were to really consider something like this however, then everyone should be thankful our powers can only be used for good. :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. GateCrasher

247/345

Blog Posts:
    Maybe we need to ask a mod to move this thread to the advanced subforum now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. randyt

385/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.