Outdoor Survival Tools Elite Axe

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Tom Williams, Sep 27, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

  1. Tom Williams

    Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      300/345

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Saw a couple videos on this 30 tools in one. Does anyone have one ? Is it worth 80 bucks ? Looks nice
     
  2. Old Geezer

    Old Geezer Expert Member
      247/345

    Blog Posts:
    0
    koolhandlinc likes this.
  3. omegaman

    omegaman Well-Known Member
      70/115

    Blog Posts:
    0
    I have a chainsaw in my truck. But I don't mind carrying a full size axe personally and a buck or bow saw strapped to my pack when I hike, and I hike for a living. If you keep moving and build camp every night for ten people, folding saws lose their charm rather fast, I mostly use one of those when I make slingshots.

    I have a sort of gimmicky shovel I can recomend, it's called Cold Steel Spetznas shovel or something like that, and it is acctually really, really good. It can be used for shopping if need be (actually works rather great like that) but it costs quite a bit.

    People I take on tours sometimes brings gadgets like this along, but the few times I have seen something of that nature acctually being used, they have failed 90% of the time and been about to fail the remaining 10%.
     
  4. TexDanm

    TexDanm Master Survivalist
      295/345

    Blog Posts:
    1
    Get a carpenters hatchet. It will chop, hammer and pull nails for a lot less. Most of the rest of the stuff isn't worth much. Putting a hex shaped hole out in the middle of a blade doesn't make it a wrench. If you want to have a lot of tools get a carpenters hatchet and they make an adjustable wrench now with a hammer on the back and if you reverse the jaws it is a pipe wrench. Actually works pretty good. Throw in a good multi tool and a saw and you have things about covered.
     
  5. koolhandlinc

    koolhandlinc Well-Known Member
      88/115

    Blog Posts:
    0
    I think I will swing by the hardware tomorrow and compare this shot handled ax and hatchet and decide then purchase!
     
  6. Tom Williams

    Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      300/345

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Im just wondering if it worked not going to buy one i got good hatchet ive carrd on tap line for 50 some years dang im old bet its better made im et on tools as i have a 50ft semi trailer full and 3 orkshos set up
     
Loading...
Similar Threads Forum Date
Outdoor Survival Tips For Beginners Newbie Corner Dec 28, 2016
What supplies to buy first for outdoor survival? General Q&A May 21, 2016
Survival Indoors vs Outdoors Other Not Listed Situations Jan 25, 2016
Must Haves for Outdoor Survivalists Essential Items Jan 21, 2016
Outdoors Preparedness: Upto 30% Off Montague Bikes, Solar Hydro Purifier & More For Sale Jul 21, 2017
Do you know how to cook outdoors? Cooking and Cooking Utensils Jun 17, 2016
What is the longest period of time you've survived outdoors? General Q&A May 29, 2016
Blending in Outdoors Other Advanced Survival Skills Jan 25, 2016
How To Stay Safe Outdoors During an Earthquake Earthquake Jan 21, 2016
What Is Your Favourite Survival Pastime Or Sport? The Hangout Nov 17, 2017

Share This Page