Outdoor Survival Tools Elite Axe

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Tom Williams, Sep 27, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Saw a couple videos on this 30 tools in one. Does anyone have one ? Is it worth 80 bucks ? Looks nice

2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    koolhandlinc likes this.
  3. omegaman

omegaman Well-Known Member
      70/115

Blog Posts:
    I have a chainsaw in my truck. But I don't mind carrying a full size axe personally and a buck or bow saw strapped to my pack when I hike, and I hike for a living. If you keep moving and build camp every night for ten people, folding saws lose their charm rather fast, I mostly use one of those when I make slingshots.

I have a sort of gimmicky shovel I can recomend, it's called Cold Steel Spetznas shovel or something like that, and it is acctually really, really good. It can be used for shopping if need be (actually works rather great like that) but it costs quite a bit.

People I take on tours sometimes brings gadgets like this along, but the few times I have seen something of that nature acctually being used, they have failed 90% of the time and been about to fail the remaining 10%.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Master Survivalist
      295/345

Blog Posts:
    Get a carpenters hatchet. It will chop, hammer and pull nails for a lot less. Most of the rest of the stuff isn't worth much. Putting a hex shaped hole out in the middle of a blade doesn't make it a wrench. If you want to have a lot of tools get a carpenters hatchet and they make an adjustable wrench now with a hammer on the back and if you reverse the jaws it is a pipe wrench. Actually works pretty good. Throw in a good multi tool and a saw and you have things about covered.

5. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I think I will swing by the hardware tomorrow and compare this shot handled ax and hatchet and decide then purchase!

6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Im just wondering if it worked not going to buy one i got good hatchet ive carrd on tap line for 50 some years dang im old bet its better made im et on tools as i have a 50ft semi trailer full and 3 orkshos set up