Pagans And Our Gods...

Discussion in 'Religion, Religious Views, and Life After Death' started by AnarchySurvival, Jan 31, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. AnarchySurvival

AnarchySurvival Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Anyone here of the Pagan variety? As a Pagan myself, i have several deities that are present in my life, most notably being Woden or Odin to those unfamiliar with his many names. He guides me in my search for wisdom and general knowledge. There are others who play just as important of a role in my life but in different aspects. The wilderness is my place of peace in troubled times where the Gods and Goddesses whisper their wisdom if only i listen close enough. The Norse pantheon is not the only ones who speak either, I hear many deities from all walks who wish to give me advice to better myself. I have heard the soft words of Buddha, the deep gruff of the One Eyed Wanderer, and the slow chanting of the Sky Father just to name a few.

Can anyone else hear the wise words when surrounded by nature and silence? Take time to listen and you may find that there are others who speak to you, you may be surprised to hear who finds you worthy of their time even if you might not know their names.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    yep, the wife and I are Pagans.

3. AnarchySurvival

155/173

Blog Posts:
    What path do you follow?

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we don't do dieties, we had enough of that with organised religion when we were young.
    I suppose I am inclined to the Norse tradition but i'm really just a lover of nature, not people, I am happiest in the woods listening to and watching nature.

5. AnarchySurvival

155/173

Blog Posts:
    That is your path nonetheless, deities or not. As Pagans we understand that part so no judgment here. My wife is Wiccan personally and doesn't follow my sentiment in certain scenarios, but we both agree that someones path is their own and to be respected. Thank you for your time and reply, it's nice to see other Pagans among the site even if our views are different. Blessed be, as she would say.

6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning AnarchySurvival,

No, not a Pagan. I am "just" secular.

Without discounting wilderness, I find tranquility and answers to my nagging thoughts when visiting some cemeteries.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's what we call over here "quiet neighbours"!!

TMT Tactical and AnarchySurvival like this.
  8. AnarchySurvival

155/173

Blog Posts:
    I find that visiting the deceased can be quite calming and centering. They well listen without judgment when you wish to speak your mind. Pagan or not, all are welcome in the cemetery to speak with the deceased. Even the dead want for company in the lonely darkness of a coffin.

TMT Tactical and Justin Baker like this.
  9. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    My view is that "belief" and matters of the "spirit" come from within. I am strongly attracted to nature and wild places. That does not necessarily make me a Pagan, although that is the label that seems to be mostly attached such feelings.

We believe what we believe (or not) and it is each to him or herself.

10. AnarchySurvival

155/173

Blog Posts:
    Paganism is a nature worshipping religion by definition, unlike religions such as Christianity one does not need to have a belief in a deity to be a Pagan. But that doesn't mean you have to call yourself a Pagan, you could use the term naturist if you feel it fits for you. I myself am whole heartedly a Heathen though and use the wilderness as my "church" so to speak. Thank you for taking the time to leave a reply and your insight.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm kinda agnostic myself and believe there is a higher being of all of this creation (the universe) then what our meager little brains can possibly understand. I like to weigh the facts or truths of science, the paranormal and religion to find the answers. Until then we really won't know until that day comes. Some see their relatives just prior to departure. I know because my mom and sister both work at a nursing home and have the stories. Boy do they have the stories. Also, my grandma was in hospice at the house and she saw our long past dog in the hallway. So like I was saying, I like to weigh everything and make my own conclusions, but I really do think there is a higher power of some sort. Call him God?, Allah?, Buddha?, what ever.

There are a set of universal laws that govern everything from the rotations of electrons in their orbits, to the rotation of celestial objects, the speed of light and sound, hot and cold, high pressure, low pressure, Newtonian physics, mass to energy equivalence, etc. Something set it all in motion with these rules.

I was baptized Lutheran and Martin Luther was an interesting dude, but I can easily sit in a Christian, Catholic or even a Jewish church. So long as it's judeo Christian since that is where I base my faith personally and at this moment in time.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    In the UK a "Naturist" is something totally different :p:D

If pressed I would probably vere towards atheism as I have yet to be convinced otherwise (and with apologies to any Christians reading this) Christianity does not appeal due to the rabid nature of some believers.

There I something primal in nature though that reaches into one's soul.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

Some people take it to the extreme.

Yet there are others who faithfully go to church every Sunday, sing praise and sin 6 days out of the week and proabbly have an Ashley Madison account, etc.

I feel one can be faithful in their own right without trying to bring someone onto their side or reading the Bible cover to cover and thinking it's absolute truth. Truth is, the Bible in my view is a game of telephone and who knows what else. But the Gospels and that red lettering are interesting none the less.

If I have them correct it is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in Gods or some Spiritual being of any kind, my church is the woods and all things natural.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.