Pairing Food And Beer

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Mar 16, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://dailyprogress.com/lifestyle...c.html#tracking-source=article-related-bottom

Good evening all,

It's a beginner's article. I'm well experienced with matching foods and beers.

My matching involves the beer and whatever is around.

A brew I like is the Thai beers with the alcohol. They work.

I know how to match beer with Doritoes. First I break off the pointed corners, then will participate in stress abatement.

Besides esperience with matching foods with beers, can also consume hot beer and cold food; have done it before. Cold pizza is akin to refried rice: a delight.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I really didn't feel like taking a survey to see the article. IMHO Budweiser with whatever I feel like eating. If I don't feel like eating then just Budweiser.

Hot beer and cold food sounds like you have been spending a lot of time at the Ballpark.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I gave up alcohol over 20 years ago.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm a bourbon snoot. I constantly experiment with mixes to achieve the flavors I wish. A bourbon that needs a bit more bite, I titrate-in some rye whiskey. I also fancy Scotch whisky. Islay, I need me peaty aromas. Reminds me of being with kin, campfire, food cooked on an open fire a few thousand feet above the oceans, something sacred.

But that is a before-bedtime thing. As the day's fatigue sets in and one prepares to dream, one enters another state of mind. A dram of the Water of Life sets the stage to enter each person's section of the collective unconscious. We become smoke.

During the daytime, we have our duties to which we must attend in this world. We must have our brains in participation mode, in the mode of working, things must be accomplished. It's just the way we are created. I do NOT want to be in any way impaired when working. BUT OTHERS SEEM NOT TO GET THIS REALITY. People with whom I work, many of them "uppity" professionals, are obsessed with their designer beers and wines from wherever. They talk about this sh## constantly. They drink during lunch! Sometimes, I feel like I'm surrounded by children. They may possess vast volumes of information in their heads, but if a person acts like a kid, then they are a kid.

In centuries past, beer and wines were consumed as food and did not give people dysentery as would the drinking of "clean" water. In centuries past, the water wasn't clean. Even urban people now pay attention to having clean water. Having spring water that shot out of the mountain rocks was core-critical for my mountain-folk ancestors.

Why was tea so important in centuries past? They boiled their water to make it. The tea tasted better than the water AND the water having been boiled killed the better part of the pathogens.

People used to be practical. Now they are not. They have lost touch. If you mean to prepare for hard times, you'll be practical or you will be practically dead.

Where can we find common sense to be distributed?! We need bottled Common Sense!

upload_2021-3-19_19-58-50.png

TMT Tactical likes this.