New Member Pandemic-survival-preppers Mash-up

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Mark Shepherd, Jan 8, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Guys

I'm in the UK (so no guns) but I'm a dedicated Survivalist and Prepper. I've written a book on Pandemic Survival (under my pen-name - Christoph Shepherd) and it can be purchased here:-

I've also created a mini website to bring attention to the book :-

I'd appreciate any views or reviews of it.

Thanks, and keep up the good work - Mark/Christoph.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
    Alaskajohn likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have other boards on this forum for advertising Mr Shepherd. Please keep your introduction to just introducing yourself, not your products. I do hope you are here to contribute & not just advertise?!
    Keith.

Alaskajohn and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for your reply, Keith. I was introducing myself and explaining my own area of interest/speciality which relates to Pandemics. We all have the same goal, which is to prep and to survive, and if I can promote survival then I may just achieve the saving of lives (both my own and others). My knowledge of the subject matter is in the book. I can't hope to be able to reproduce that in a thread. I do not have "products" to sell, just a body of knowledge which I feel would be useful to all of your members. Indeed the only US reviewer of it (who is of absolutely no connection to me) has stated "It's superbly written and unbelievably comprehensive. It contains lists, tips, links, and humor, interspersed with situational stories. If you prepare read it. If you don't prepare read it and you will see why you need to start."
    If you don't think that's useful to your members then I don't agree. The goal is to survive and promote survival and every little element of knowledge which could be if assistance should be utilised. When it happens, it's going to be a war out there, and everything which could help us prepare for that should be done. If you think the best way to promote survival is to delete my thread then you are "throwing the baby out with the bath water". It is in fact you yourself who should promoting knowledge like mine if you truly wish to help your members.
    The revenue (such as it is) from my book will never even pay for a miniscule proportion of the time, effort and skills employed in constructing it. It was a "labour of love" to promote awareness, preparation and survival. If that is not the precise goal of your website then clearly my words are falling on deaf ears. I wish you well and thank you for your time.
    Regards - Mark/Christoph Shepherd

Alaskajohn likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have just looked on Amazon and that book of yours only seems to be available on Kindle, I prefer physical books.

5. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes I agree. I prefer physical books too - especially when the Pandemic comes and all Internet and Digital is swept away! However the only way I could get it published (because of the cost of printing) was to do it in digital format. Sorry.

6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The point is Mark that you did not introduce yourself, we still know very little about you other than you live in the UK, & you have written a survival book! Again you are using this introduction board to promote your book, & I say again, this is NOT the board to use for promoting products, please go to the correct board.
    Keith.

7. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    OK Keith. I am a Lawyer and a Survivalist with special interest in Pandemic Viral Infections due to my study of historical Pandemics and the practical knowledge of my son who is a Doctor. I am a keen Prepper and would say that I am reasonably well equipped to deal with the Pandemic situation envisaged by me and others. From my own knowledge and that gained from research, I wrote my book, and continue to have an avid interest in the subject matter and of Survival generally.

I am presently considering starting a Keep Fit, Self-Defence and Survival Group in Central Scotland, and possibly writing further on the subject.
    Cheers Mark/Christoph.

8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    @Mark Shepherd

I think what Keith is trying to tell you is that your are more than welcome to SHARE your information but not promote your book. I look forward to anything you care to share. Win over the audience before promoting, that will garner sales and make friends on the forum. Both are positives.

Alaskajohn and Sonofliberty like this.
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good introduction Mark, thank you. Welcome to this forum, very good to have you onboard.
    Keith.

10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Alaskajohn likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the board from Texas. I am looking forward to your input. In general I classify pandemic in the same area as our planet getting smashed by an extinction level asteroid or comet. Survival by the average person will be more a matter of luck than planning. If you have the money to dig in DEEP and stay there for a long long time you might be able to beat the odds. If the "rock" lands on you that's the end. A fast moving pandemic will be almost as hard to avoid. Most people's only hope will be to run far and hide avoiding ANY contact with anyone. Even then you may only be putting off the inevitable.

I look forward to your input.

12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Own the toys anyway. It's not illegal as far as God-given rights go. Don't tell anyone and sure don't share on sites such as this. You needn't share such info with your physician son.

Jackals must not persevere against the servants of the Lord. God is Merciful, but know too that He is the Most-Just, the All-Wise.

Biologic agents revved-up via breeding or genetic engineering are WMD (weapons of mass destruction) on-the-cheap. Every year, Western universities crank-out thousands of people with advanced degrees in biology, some of whom return to their home countries to develop bio-WMDs to be used against the very countries who educated them. Witness communist China.

13. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Guys. I'll contribute as much as I can. I see the future Pandemic as more likely than any other natural or man-made disaster - but maybe that's because it's my pet subject. It's just a question of how many can survive it. Quarantine and Isolation are important but initial Survival (certainly for the first 30 days or so) is of course vital especially when the spread of it will be horrifically quick. Getting away from other people is of course the key, but ideally you need a group with you of uninfected ones. Staying in the house and attempting to make it a fortress or abandoning much of your supplies and getting away into the hills and woods will be the difficult choice - but who knows what is best. One thing is for sure, the breakdown of law and order will quickly lead to the worse aspects of human nature coming to the fore! IE - "you've got it and I want it"!

coffee, Alaskajohn and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most if not all diseases need a human host to survive and cannot survive outside of a human body more than 24 hours, the only one I know of that is the exception is the Aids virus.
    the incubation period can be quite long in some cases and people wont know they've got it but will be infecting others during this time.
    personal and complete isolation is I think the only remedy, no one comes in and nobody goes out until the thing has run its course, the disease will die out once it has no new human hosts to inhabit.
    the hospitals will be full of sick people.

15. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yeah quite agree. The problem though is coming back home from your work or the hospital or the train or plane and not knowing that you are infected. By the time you find out, you've infected plenty of others including family etc. Isolation is effective when you know what is out there and can avoid coming into contact with it. People will panic and head for homes and families and very few will just abandon who is left and head out by themselves for a solitary wait-out. All a question of advance warning, awareness and preparation.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's the problem with our modern transport systems, a disease can get from one side of the world to the other within 24-26 hours then spread throughout the city or cities.
    depending on the disease this will probably start the die off process and being as far away as possible from cities and crowds would be a good idea.

17. Mark Shepherd

Mark Shepherd New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely!

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    oh well, that should sort out some of the overpopulation problems in some of our bigger cities.

19. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Welcome. I can't wait to learn more from you. Maybe give us a list of BOB items that protect us in case of pandemic, for example, what antibiotics should we have available. What times for different pandemics for isolation, etc, What mask and clothing you recommend . I have also a serious concern about a pandemic outbreak, I have stuff for a medical room for sickness or whatever, including: hospital bed, bed-side toilet, duct tape & 6-mil plastic to cover room, lots of supplies. I even have hospital grade alcohol.

20. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Antibiotics will likely be nearly useless for a pandemic which is more likely to be viral. From my understanding, we have had very poor luck defeating viruses. They are adaptable. I look forward to the OPs input on the subject. A virologist, epidemiologist. and/or a biochemist might be able to give us a real education on the subject though.

21. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum!

Pandemics have decimated humanity in the past. In some ways were are better prepared than in the past, but in other ways our modern conveniences, loss of natural immunity, and quick modes of travel will work against us make it much worse.

Look forward to your contributions!

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  22. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us, and look forward to learning more about Pandemics, and how to survive them, as well as anything else you can share.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Very true. Patient zero could travel to several countries and different continents before showing any signs but while able to infect others. That assumes some sort of accidental individual exposure. A coordinated attack would be even worse.

TMT Tactical likes this.