Pennsylvania Man's 'gunlike Hand Gesture' Was A Crime, Court Rules

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Aug 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-gun-like-hand-gesture-crime

Pennsylvania man's 'gunlike hand gesture' toward neighbor was a crime, court rules

A Pennsylvania court ruled Tuesday that making a "gunlike hand gesture" is a crime after a man made the hand motion during an argument with his neighbor — an act which reportedly made several nearby residents nervous and prompted a call to police.

Stephen Kirchner, 64, made the gesture toward his neighbor in Manor Township in June 2018, according to surveillance video. Kirchner, walking alongside a female neighbor, "stopped, made eye contact with [the male neighbor] and then made a hand gesture at him imitating the firing and recoiling of a gun," according to court documents.

The action made one neighbor feel "extremely threatened" and he called 911. Another neighbor said she saw Kirchner “put his finger up like he was going to shoot [the neighbor]", "insecure," prompting her to call 911.

Kirchner and the female neighbor Kirchner had been walking with previously had issues and confrontations, sparking the neighbor to install six security cameras on his property. At the time of the incident in 2018, the female neighbor had a "no contact" order against the neighbor who felt threatened, court documents indicate.

Kirchner was issued a citation for disorderly conduct following the incident. He said in district court he made the "gunlike" gesture after his neighbor gave him "the finger with both hands."

The 64-year-old was found guilty, but appealed, arguing the hand gesture didn't "create a hazardous or physically offensive condition." Kirchner said he didn't mean to cause public alarm, and there wasn't really any harm done to the neighbor or others.

On Tuesday, however, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania found the gesture "served no legitimate purpose, and recklessly risked provoking a dangerous altercation."

Kirchner was ordered to pay a $100 fine and court costs.

2. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Then did this movie incite his gesture? Could Hollywood or even Clint Eastwood be held responsible? Is that what is coming next in these cases?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Wow, when did Pennsylvanians become such pantywaisted liberal pussies?

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Last Outlaw and Son of Liberty,

I have the exact opposite opinion.

The hand figure and gesture can be seen as a threat; "fighting words" in a different form.

We've had this matter in the public schools here. The "youth" uses his and and arm to mimic use of a handgun pointed at trhe teacher. The school environment here is volatile ...... I would not teach at some of these schools. I would not park near them.

Again, to me the pistol hand gesture is like the clenched fist in attack mode. No battery committed yet but ready to continue.

Some are scared.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    And the double middle fingers gesture represents lollipops and unicorn kisses? If you flip someone off, that can be considered "fighting words". Why wasn't that person also convicted?

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Son of Liberty,

Completely agree.

The double middle fingers gesture is the same.

I can't / won't discuss Pennsylvania's judicial system. Can't even understand Virginia's.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Not sure about this one. Old man provoked by idiot and maybe threatens or maybe just saying " don't threaten me " or " don't tread on me". :confused:

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pennsylvania is very quickly becoming a Nanny State. Filled with people too scared and cowardly to protect themselves. Flipping the bird is not a friendship gesture.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  9. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Wouldn't gesture of middle finger extended possibly mean/indicate rape or sexual battery?
    This is getting ridiculous.
    If I indicate I'll be keeping my eye on you does that mean I'm spying on you or stalking you?
    If I give you the "go to hell" gesture does that mean I'm sending you there? Lol

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  10. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    If you hold all this and include all of what is currently happening, inside the proper context.....you will see something clearly.

It is hard, but if you hold everything inside......."America is ending", it is clear. It is repulsive, it is sad, it is disconcerting, but everything that is happening now, has happened over and over and over to other expired great empires.

We......can't save America, and those in Europe can't save Europe.

All you can do is, do everything possible to save yourself, your loved ones, and maybe a small part of your community.

NOTE: This post is very likely the single most valuable post I'll likely ever make.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.