Pepsi Can For Mint Plant

Discussion in 'Other DIY' started by overcast, Jul 17, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I have this plan of growing the mint plant. I know that they grow like weed and spread as much as possible. But I have decided to start slow. And thinking of planting the mint inside the can. I have limited amount of soil. And considering I can easily maintain can of that size. I guess this could be one good option. I want to know apart from Mint leaves, is there anything I can use to plant in it? Have you ever tried planting something inside the Pepsi can like say Mint or any other plant?

2. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I think that you should find something larger to plant your mint plant in. A Pepsi can is pretty small for just about any kind of plant to grow and have room for the roots to expand properly.
    If you do not have access to a regular planter, a bucket from the Dollar Store, or even an empty milk jug will make a much better planter for your mint.
    As for what else you could grow besides mint, I think that would depend on what kind of a plant you want. If you are looking for an herb to grow, then either basil ot thyme would also grow fine in a small planter, and if you are using a milk jug, you could even grow something like a cucumber vine if you wanted to grow that.

3. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes I thought so that the space may not be enough. I have got one larger container where I wish to keep it. I have herb in my mind for now. So I may plant if I can in that case. I was thinking is it possible to plant the ginger in some of such containers or even cans. I never tried it before so curious about it.