Perimeter Alarms... Shopping For About A Dozen.

Discussion in 'Other Useful Objects' started by Sourdough, Mar 21, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am flexible on the style. But I want quality.......not some "disposable" airsoft pretend alarms. Any suggestions......???

And I have exactly ZERO interest in building them myself......even if they were free. I want to purchase them.

These would be for both foot traffic and vehicle traffic, in serious security conditions, but still society operating largely under rule of law.

Goal is to hopefully frighten intruder away and/or alert legal resident of possible security issue.
    Not interested in hurting anyone or anything......at least not with the perimeter security alarms.

For the purpose of this thread........if you feel the uncontrollable need to discuss your firearm inventory, their incredible accuracy, and your sub-second of angle shooting ability, plese start your own thread.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sourdough, are you looking for noise alarm, visual alarm , electronic alarms, or wireless? Other than store bought (completely assembled or some assembly required) what other parameters are required?

Sourdough likes this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know, because I don't know much about this equipment. The problem with batteries is the arctic winter temperatures. There is AC-electric near the cabin. I would like to scare intruders away, to avoid dealing with them. I was originally thinking about the mechanical ones that fired 12 ga. blanks. And I think I would like to have a few of those, because they are not dependent on batteries or AC electric power.

I think it would be best to avoid alarms that the intruder did not hear, but were heard only in the cabin........reason if I am up in the woods and not in the cabin, the silent alarm would be useless.

The other problem is there are so many bears and moose in the yard they would set them off. I see this endeavor as test different alarms out, then put them away till the SHTF.

Another point is that I figure to abandon the main cabin if the SHTF, and move a 1/4 mile deeper. It would be wonderful to hear a intruder triggered blast down near the main cabin while I was up at the fall'back cabin. I don't expect this to be a very reliable system, but it might help. Especially if it scared intruders away. Also I am about half deaf, maybe 3/4 deaf.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Home-made trip alert video

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Chris Survival&Prepper

Chris Survival&Prepper New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Not sure what you are looking for exactly, but these driveway alarms are what I use in the sections where its easy to cross my fences.

7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There are trip wire flash bang alarms that produce 120 decibel of noise when fired off Or you could use a slug and have it fire off into a small can of tannerite. Lots of options if you hunt around.

https://wolfhillammo.com/perimeter-alarms.aspx

8. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Nothing with a low trip wire is going to work in snow unless they are constantly adjusted.

Doing that will leave obvious tracks that give away the location of the wires.

Setting them high enough to allow moose or bears to pass will make them too high to stop humans.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Very good points, another reason for me to avoid the white fluffy stuff. So what would you do to deal with the situation?

TMT Tactical, Mar 24, 2020
  10. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    It rarely snows where I live, and I have dogs for early warning.

If I lived "in the wilderness where there are no people", I'd either not waste any energy worrying about it, or I'd use my "fully equipped machine shop" and make some . It's not rocket science.

TMT Tactical likes this.