Personal Gripes ....yet Good Things Happening...

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Dec 29, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Today I had a woman take me to breakfast....I love it when a woman spoils me....Love it!!! Don't get spoiled enough here..that was a real treat for me!!!

But while we were eating...I noted a woman walking by with what appears to me to be the latest of fashion....holey torn up jeans with holes all through them.

This particular woman came across as having more holes than she had jeans and it was noticeable.

Do not misunderstand me here...I love the female form as much as the next man/male out here...dressed or undressed...but in the proper setting. I am just a bit appalled that someone pays good monies for something that looks like it has a couple of thousand hard miles on it...in the name of fashion.

I am not particularly wealthy ....but have no plans to wear and or pay for what I call...holey jeans....full of holes and or worn ...threadbare looking...

I am not paying my good and often hard earned monies....for such nonsense no matter how fashionable it is.....I'm going this way ...the rest of the fashion statements can go that a way.

Makes me think of back when people were selling pet rocks... Some of these holey jeans people must have also bought pet rocks or been hit over the head with a pet rock.,

Is the IQ of the average American dropping that rapidly???

Went to DeYongs Saddlery yesterday and bought a coat for a woman. The Lady I am seeing works in a Food Lion Grocery store and knows some people who are not that well off...

Hence I took her to DeYongs and bought a woman's winter coat so that she could give it to this woman. I also ordered some women's winter gloves...some 5 pairs for some women we both know pan handling around the parking lot...

Rather than give them monies all the time we were thinking that with winter coming on ....warm gloves would be much needed.

Also sent several pairs of gloves to a family in need up in South Dakota.....that is some rough big time rough winters up there in South Dakota...versus down here in Virginia.

I don't have a lot of overhead here and now days ...so I don't mind...too much. Most of my big bills are paid off. Also ...what has happened as a sideline is that I have become aware of how many people are in more need than myself...and much worse off....than me.

Received my 50 amp AC to DC power supply today as a spare if needed. I had one go bad on me last month and used up my extra 30 amp spare and decided to pay the monies for a 50 amp 13.8 volt power supply.

This should be enough to run most of my ham radios ...should the need arise...or as stated...one of them go bad. Just thinking ahead...as is oft my way.

Am hearing that there may be coming 10 days of darkness....and no cell phones or internet....so my ham radios may become important... Have both long and short range ham radios and antenna set ups here.

Not sure about regular wired land lines...but I got rid of my wired land line when I got rid of the cable bundle. All I have now is internet and my cell phone is on those cards by the minutes. I am not a big cell phone user per se. Never spent hours and hours on the cell phone..or the hard wired land line. Not sure why but that was never important to me.
    LOL LOL LOL....no one said I was normal per se.

And you know what??......don't particularly care what the rest think....I am driving this bus!!! The rest can take a hike!!!

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL...normally I am mostly a quiet man..but I just had it today with these Holey Jeans....and other things going on out here...Ishmaelites...run wild...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I once walked into a store wearing VERY patched jeans-more patches than jeans, and the store owner asked me whats under the patches, I replied "holes, I hate draughts!":p

wally, TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I remember that lonewolf. Around here they used to sell some kind of patches you iron onto your holes in your jeans and the hot iron melted some kind of adhesive and I would put a patch on the inside and then another on the outside of a hole and thus get more miles out of my denims...jeans.

Thanks for reminding me lonewolf..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

wally, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I made my own patches, from scraps of denim.

wally, TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow lonewolf...I've not tried that with the iron on types available. I will keep that in mind. However...I have used olde worn out jeans and cut them up to make pockets by which I have sewn onto the inside of my Camouflaged field Jacket to make extra big inside pockets....one on each side of my jacket.

I've done this in two of my olde camouflaged field jackets.

On occasion It is nice to have large pockets in a field jacket to carry extra stuff...for example my large thick heavy winter gloves which I wear when riding my scooter in the winter....also my face Baclava mask....used when extra cold in riding my scooter.
    If you do not have extra face protection it feels like your face will fall off and onto the road in the cold air under one's helmet.

I just realized one day that my mother's teachings about simple sewing could help me overcome certain problems and or such issues....a little skill and inventiveness...and wo...la!!

But all that is part of our prepping skills....adapting....problem solving..

I carry needles and sewing thread and even some heavy wax string in my daily Bug out Bag....it is my way.
    A lot of fellows in the military out in the field have told me how rapidly clothes wear out ....when doing maneuvers....and how nice it is to have some basic sewing tools.

The Mag lights one gets at the stores with the belt pouch....the sewing stitch on the pouch is junk...not heavy duty and I hand sew them with waxed string to reinforce them...and they have held up for years now. The factory stitching is junk.

Amazon.com: MAGLITE Mini Mag Led Pro Red : Everything Else

Again...thanks for reminding me.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I learned to sew when I was married to the first wife, she wouldnt even sew a button on for me so I did all my own hand sewing.
    When I worked on one of the construction sites we used to get boxes of rags delivered, I would go through the box and remove all the denim scraps, these I took home and put in my sewing box for future use.

watcherchris, TMT Tactical and wally like this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Back in the Hippie dayz, I used to make tie-dyed tank-tops for my female friends. One friend of mine would wear jeans with holes in the upper part of her jeans showing the skin over her gluteus maximus cheeks (she always went commando, as did the other girls).

Girls today imagine that they are doing something unique. Oops sorry, what they wear today is quite the same as was done 50 yr ago.

History repeats itself.

Women really don't like wearing clothes. Sexuality aside, who can blame them?! Clothing and shoes designed by men for women are NOT comfortable for women. They should wear that which is comfortable. More women should design clothing for women -- they know that which is comfortable and that which is not.

What women wear shoes at home? None.

Most of women's underwear is little more than torture devices! Let women decide for themselves what is comfortable and wear that ... or nothing. Men who ogle women should learn to look away and mind their own business. How immature to stare at women! Look away. Grow up!

The above having been said, these yoga stockings, these are that which are worn UNDER clothing. Yoga stockings are NOT pants! Women shouldn't show men too much because men are, for the most part, dogs. It's OK with their men friends, but not with the general public. I've known a bunch of men who were perverts. Were it legal, I would have shot them dead.

I'd not let my daughters nor granddaughters go out like that. I've told young women to beware of perv.s. I once had a fellow in my work-group who was a perv.. I once confronted this sh## person and had him leave the area. I think he came to know how much it was that I wanted to beat him to death. I warned females about him.

Back in the Hippie dayz, I had my paternal grandma patch my jeans on her pedal Singer sewing machine. She confronted me and told me that only poor folks walked around in patched jeans and that we had gotten better than that and I should wear jeans that were store-bought and in good condition. I told her that I knew what I was doing.

Time was (early seventies?) that city-slickers were paying extra money for jeans that had been shot with various types of ammunition -- especially buckshot. Jee whiz, I wanted to cash in on that, but never found any buyers -- I lived in the sticks, after all. I figured that I could have blasted my way into a fortune.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.