Physical Fitness W/o A Gym

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 17, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.cityguideny.com/article/stay-fit-nyc-without-gym-membership

Good morning all,

Per ...

As much as it can be done as per the article's titles, if USMC General Smedley Butler needed a gym for his units, it is going to be much more difficult for these New Yorkers to get in shape w/o a gym.

There are enough grossly overpaid New Yorkers that $50 for a 45 minute workout is nominal.

Don't know what "pilate" means. Wasn't he mentioned in some holy book ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Dr Pilates was an MD who looked at finding a lower impact form of exercise to helping ageing patients to regain and retain fitness. "Pilates" is now very popular in the UK and is somewhere between yoga and Tai Chi in terms of practice. Tai Chi practitioners will tell you the Pilates stole most of his ideas and moves from them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Brownbear,

Appreciate this info.

Thank you.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I get all the workouts I want, going for daily country walks then moving heavy bags of manure, composts and bricks, blocks, paving slabs around the garden, who needs a gym??

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    How to get a good workout in NYC:

Take a cab to a bad neighborhood ... if you can find a cabby who'll actually go into a no-go area. Tip the cabby mightily and up-front. It will likely take a $100 bill or better. Be sure to wear nice clothing and don't forget some bling. The time should be after sunset.

You'll not just get in some jogging, you'll likely get to do some running, some very serious running.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Lonewolf makes a very significant point here. If you are a prepper and you have land, you should be working that land. In addition, there is the matter of hiking and hunting. I just do not see a serious prepper going without physical exercise appertaining to that which one must be doing anyway.

I don't know how many times that I have told another person that when I pass joggers while driving, I want to stop my vehicle and tell them that if they need exercise, they can come work in my garden. Hell, I'll expand my garden to accommodate the exercise crew. And they can split firewood for me. I'm an old man, shouldn't they show some mercy?! Joggers irk the sh## out of me. Really. They really, really bother me.

And sissy-#### bikers and their spandex shorts. Such is an abomination for men and shameful for a woman. I could not care less what their legal rights are to the roadway, they pose an extreme hazard. If they get killed, so what. Problem is that they cause automobile accidents. These spoiled children -- irrespective of their chronological age -- get innocent people hurt. If a dog is in the road, you can just run over it; however, you get into trouble if you hit some full-of-themself biker. Not right. Not fair. I want to put a cow catcher on my vehicle.

upload_2021-3-17_16-12-14.png

TMT Tactical likes this.