Picked Up A Left Handed Drill Bit Set....

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by watcherchris, Oct 27, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Picked up a set of left handed drillk bits......

I finally got off my backside and stopped procrastinating ....I picked up a set of left handed drill bits....

By this I mean a set of drill bits wherein the twist is to the left instead of the right as on most drill bit sets.

This is particularly desirable in removing or drilling out broken bolts and or studs.

I can do this with a right handed set and bolt extractors but decided I would stop procrastinating and go ahead and get a set.

I don,t need them right now...but this is the kind of thing which when it happens often catches one totally unprepared.

I have broken bolt/stud extractors but never had the left handed drill bit set to compliment this job when the going gets really rough.

But now I have it covered.....ahead of time....rather than in the midst of a crisis.

The left handed drill bits run from 1/16th of an inch in diameter to 1/2 inch in diameter.

Hopefully this should cover most of my needs. If not I know where the Empire Machine store is located to get commercial tools and parts. Granger too.

Broken studs and bolts tend to happen as the most difficult and clumsy times...in the middle of a difficult job.....and .....are verily known for advancing ones language skills.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Will further this problem solving kit by purchasing some more broken tool extracters and also looking for tap extracters...

Best to get these in good times....not when desperately needed...or at the last minute when most of the stores are closed.

The tools can often make the big difference in how a job goes...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  4. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I have these, we call them easy outs. we also use nipple extractors . snap on makes some very good ones .

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Old Geezer, Oct 28, 2020
      Caribou likes this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thanks for the links Olde Geezer....I have bookmarked them.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.