Picked Up Another Ruger Government Mk Ii .22 Lr Pistol

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by watcherchris, Mar 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Picked up another Ruger .22 LR Government Mk II Target pistol similar to this one..

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-government-target-model.cfm?gun_id=101162530

It came with a telescope and a telescope mounting rail on it... but I am not particularly interested in glass for a pistol like this one.

It has a fiberglass orange type front sight on it in place of the tall Ruger sight. I am ok with this.

Trigger work has been done on it and it is a noticeably lighter trigger pull with much less take up and less over travel. I find this nice although my other Ruger Government MK II is decent in the trigger pull out of the box.

These pistols shoot remarkably well for what they are...and this bull barrel is no different.

This marks the fourth such tool I have purchased off the club bulletin board in the last few years.

Just me and the other party involved....and that is good with me. Cash and carry.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    the ruger mk 11 is a great handgun, I have a couple.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought I would go ahead and post these photos of the two Ruger Government MK II Bull barreled target pistols..for the members who have never seen one.

These guns are very accurate and I am not quite sure what Ruger did to tune them up ....as out of the box guns but it is noticeable in their performance. I have shot the Ruger pistols like this with the tapered barrels and they are no where near as accurate.

here...

a36d32f891152f3fc72de1609cc8c78d.jpeg

The pistol on top is the stock factory Ruger MK II Government Target pistol..out of the box...no changes.
    It is a good shooter out of the box.

The Pistol below it is the one I recently purchased from a club member. It has a fiber optic front sight and the trigger has been worked to be lighter and not as much take up or overtravel.

It also has a scope rail on it but I make no plans to mount a scope..though I purchased it with the scope.

here are the targets shot early this morning on the indoor range...they are pretty much self explanatory.

a36d32f891152f3fc72de1609cc8c78d.jpeg

These were shot two handed..I seldom shoot a pistol with one hand ..preferring accuracy to shooting one handed or shooting a lot.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Caribou, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.