Plan For The Future

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Samantha, Jul 5, 2017.

Plan For The Future 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Samantha

Samantha New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    People should plan for the future, because it is great to.

2. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I believe people should plan for the future aye. But we should not forget to live the moment also. I see many people planning for 10 even 20 years from now on and still, we don't even know if we'll be alive in that time. I think we should have guidelines. Plans. But they can and will most likely change. Life should a constant evolution. If it doesn't go that way we stagnate and become stopped in time.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the planning we do on this site is for our future survival, not how many kids we are going to have and how to fund their education.
    a lot of you are making a mockery of this site and what it stands for, your treating it like some off shoot of facebook or twitter.
    I for one have had enough of this piss taking of a serious subject , I came here to help people formulate plans, give advice and help others to gain the knowledge to survive what is to come. not chat about financial planning and retirement pensions.

4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I often find that things come out of nowhere to make a mockery of my plans, things that are beyond my control mean that my plans have to adapt and evolve to the point where they're no longer related to the original plan in any way. "What's next" Thats as far ahead as it gets, I look to see what needs doing and what will wait. What opportunities are presenting themselves and then get on with it. It's possible to over think things.

The context of this thread is a bit vague Samantha, like an invitation to an old fart to ramble on about my plans (or lack of) for the future. What did you mean by your original post, would you elaborate?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess different people have different ideas about survival. Where as we think of shtf disasters & getting lost in the bush, others are thinking about what they have to do to survive from day to day in a normal world. But I do know where you are coming from, & it can be very frustrating. I totally agree with your comment "treating it like some off shoot of Facebook or twitter", there certainly is a lot of that on here now especially from the newer members. I am ignoring posts that don't appear to have any bearing on survival in the hope that they will die a natural death.
    Keith.

CivilDefense and koolhandlinc like this.
  6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Its also the case that English isn't the first language for quite a few users and so nuances can get missed or not understoodo_O.
    I actually have no idea where the original post intended this thread to go but the original post didn't mention pensions or finance. People read whatever they want to into such a simple statement.

7. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you.As much as it is good to plan ahead, thinking about the future brings about too much worry and stress.Sometimes, taking a moment to enjoy the present can go a long way to you living a fullfiling life.

8. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. Not only living but enjoying the present man. We can never know how long we're going to be alive for and if we worry too much about things like money and material possessions we will live a rather unfulfilling life.

9. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    That's putting it very mildly. I don't think they should just be planning, they need to be putting their plans in action. I wonder how many people on this forum feels the urgency that I do. We're living in a very unstable world right now, more so than ever before. I can't even keep up with everything that's going on. I don't understand for the life of me how some people are blind to it. They're going to be caught off guard without any clue of what to do.

10. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Eh, yes, that is certainly a true statement. However, no offense, but that really couldn't more obvious. Is there some particular aspect of preparedness planning you'd like to discuss?

11. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I believe every sensible person should have a plan for his/her future, you can just continue to be living without any plan for the future. At leat there should something you are living for. What is the essence of life without vision for the days yet to come