Planning Some New Appliances..

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by watcherchris, Mar 21, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Planning some new appliances before price increases come..and price increases will come with government huge deficit spending planned.

Today I went to Lowe's and purchased a new window fan.....this one here..

Utilitech 9in Reversible Window Fan in the Portable Fans department at Lowes.com

Also I bought a 8000 BTU window air conditioner for the upstairs of the house....here again..

Hisense 350-sq ft Window Air Conditioner (115-Volt; 8000-BTU) ENERGY STAR in the Window Air Conditioners department at Lowes.com

I am not accustomed to a whole lot of Air Conditioning ..but like the option of AC.....when it gets particularly hot. Was not raised with a lot of Air Conditioning....mostly used fans when I came up.

Also looking for a new washing machine which ..when I get it ...it will be a spare to go out in my garage with the New in the box 25000 BTU AC window unit out there and also the new in the box spare hot water heater. These items stored until needed.

Of recent I drained, flushed, and also changed out the heater elements in my electric hot water heater..but wanted a new spare one just in case.

Something is telling me to go this route....and as I do not have a lot of overhead ...I have acted accordingly .

The washing machine is the other big item. I can repair a dryer and have so done.....with both the heating elements and belt drive. There is not really much to an electric dryer.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Another instinct is telling me to make my move soon on the washing machine before price increases run away......

Will think on this at work tonight...to purchase very soon..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Smart to spend fiat currency for real items. Very smart.

Any big money could now be used to purchase real estate. OK, so real estate is too expensive, true, but when will these prices come down relative to fiat currency? Never.

Last year, we bought a used 4-cylinder car and a brand new electric generator. Bought some big fuel tanks. Getting my lawn tractor refurbished (my back is shot, paying some younger man to do the heavy labor). Our garden tiller is only five years old and still in great shape.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.