Pof Mp5 Pistol Review And Update.

Discussion in 'Guns' started by Dalewick, Aug 19, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In 2015 I purchased a POF (Pakistani Ordinance Factories) MP5 (Pistol form) with a 8 inch barrel. POF is manufacturing these under contract with H&K of Germany. I was skeptical of what I would get as many of the knock off MP5's that I have seen weren't worth the time it took to pick them up. I have been extremely surprised and extremely happy with this purchase. I have used many MP5's in the past that were actual H&K weapons manufacture and this pistol matches those in quality and performance. While only a semiauto, the weapon functioned at the range flawlessly in all shooting positions and in rapid fire sequences. I put 500 rounds through the pistol and had 0 jams, miss fires, or issue

Since the time I made this original review I have upgraded and practiced with this weapon a good deal. About 3000 rounds of FMJ and subsonic HP ammo have gone down the barrel at last count. I've also built and attached a form 1 suppressor (silencer) to the weapon and added a SB arm brace, which has greatly increased long range accuracy.

While I wasn't happy about this weapons country of origin I have been very happy with how it performs. The finish is a bit rough but it functions very well. From my experience with this weapon I would have to recommend them. image_6907.jpg

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the review. How about a few more details, Caliber, MSRP -- average retail price (not rude enough to ask what you paid). Target group sizes, suppressor brand and how you feel about the noise level. Just curious, not challenging. Semi gun nut. Too poor to be a real gun nut.

Morgan101 likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm never shy about talking about guns.

The POF MP5 is 9mm caliber just like the H&K MP5's. The current MSRP is $1349.00 https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/9mm-pistol and I actually paid a bit over $1200.00 for mine.

Using the brace it keeps a very good pattern. At 25 yards I keep a 2 inch pattern and at 100 yards I keep an 8 inch pattern sitting. For a 9mm I have no complaints. My youngest daughter (24 YO), loves the gun and can shoot tighter patterns with it than I can.

The suppressor is what's referred to as a Form 1. I built it and designed it. It's tube is 1.25 inches in diameter and built out of titanium. The baffles are a combination of stainless steel and aluminum and it uses a Liberty tri-lug adaptor so it quickly attaches to the weapons tri-lug mount. It quietens the noise to a hearing safe level which is pretty good for that size tube. I've considered building a new suppressor on a 1 1/2 inch tube but don't have the $200 for the tax stamp at the moment. I can use this suppressor on the MP5 or on my Glock 19.

I'm saving money for a good Night Vision Device (scope) at the moment but if I ever can I think I'm going to convert this to a MP5SD.

And YES, my name is Dale, and I am a GUN NUT! LOL!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    @Dalewick

Thanks for the gun info update. I am a gun nut too but on a very strict budget.