Polyandry Phasing Out In Indonesia ?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    First and foremost Civil Union and inheritance in Indonesia is regulated upon "double track" legal system. There is the secular court and there is the religious court that is vary according to the party "declared religion" (that may not be their actual faith / religion at all) . Meaning when there is any legal dispute within a civil union each party can choose which jurisdiction they choose to adjudicate their case. However secular court took precedence over religious court. In practice for civil union most typically choose religious court and choose secular court for inheritance & custody related dispute. But depend on each legal strategy each case may vary.

The occurrence of either polygamy or polyandry are EXTREMELY RARE in any level of society due to the rather "impractical" legal procedures required. The most common practice is a man took a mistress or a woman took (what the term?) stud? Either way is extra marital affair

The main reason for this new ban of polyandry is because there is already a ban upon polygamy yet there isn't any ban against polyandry. Thus to make it "fair" for both gender the new ban were enacted.

IMO I believe one of the reason of polyandry became taking some "attention" is because many female civil servant for reason I still couldn't fathom keep "leaking" their extra marital sex activity on the internet.

Also keep in mind that both polygamy & polyandry are accepted traditional value albeit depend on ethnicity & region. And by "traditional;" I'm talking about at least thousand years old customs & norms

Dalewick likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

This is most appreciated !

I understand.

Again: Terima Kasih.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Aren't women driven to polyandry? I mean heavens, a woman takes five men as her husbands with the purpose of finding one among them that is worth half a sh##. Is this not logical?

Having many wives? Oh no! Where to hide the knives?

TMT Tactical likes this.