Pool Water

Discussion in 'Finding, Purifying, and Storing Water' started by F22 Simpilot, Jul 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Expert Member
      165/173

Blog Posts:
    With the latest earthquakes in California I was wondering if pool water would be a good source for drinkable water providing you boil it? But is there a possibility of chemical contamination and if so would even boiling it work to make it safe to drink? I mean, there are all kinds of chemicals added to pools like PH, acid, etc.

In California many people have pools. I used to live in Riverside, CA myself and been through my fair share of earthquakes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I do know that many people treat their pool water with chemicals to stop the algae forming. However, there is nothing to say that one could not use one of those above ground pools for water collection.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Expert Member
      165/173

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, water collection is one thing, but using pool water is another and that's what I'd like to know. Me thinks it's not a good source of water due to the chemicals in it. Maybe if some company sells an electrolysis/reverse osmosis machine the pool water could be made drinkable. I don't know. :)

TMT Tactical likes this.